New Verbatim DL 8x Discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Verbatim DL 8x Discs

Has anyone tried these new Verbatim DL 8x Discs ?? Will they copy Blu-Ray back-ups as good as the 2.4x ???

Originally posted by berdman View Post
    Has anyone tried these new Verbatim DL 8x Discs ?? Will they copy Blu-Ray back-ups as good as the 2.4x ???
    You dont have to write at 8x you can still write at 2.4x, I know some of the senior posters on ImgBurn's forum say burning at a higher speed is better! Its up to you!
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

I burn my verbatim DL 8x at 6x speed and my verbatim DL 2.4x at 6x speed as well. Use ImgBurn to see what the supported burn speeds are for the media you have and select the speed you feel is a safe burn speed for you.

Comment

In my drives, the 8X-10X Verbatim DLs give better quality scans when burned at at least 6X, the errors go up as the speed goes down from there (your results may be different). When burned at 6X the quality is better than the 2.4X-4X ones burned at 2.4X.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

One more hat tossed into the ring...

I'm not sure what you mean by "new" as these have been around for awhile, but like the 2.4-4X Verbs, they are excellent.

I get outstanding results with MKM 001 (2.4-4X) burned at 4X
          and I get equally outstanding results with MKM 003 (8X) when burned at 8-10X.
          However I use different burners to achieve these results and the 8-10X burns are done with modified firmware.

As always with DL Verbs, look for made in Singapore (MIS) on the spindle label although the made in India (MII) are pretty decent and better than most.

Comment

Thanks for the info people....

Comment

Working...
            X