ISO File vs MKV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO File vs MKV

Can any body please tell me what is the difference b/w iso and mkv files.

Which one is better for movies? I will be copying all my movie collection into a hard drive and playing it via wd tv live and other boxes like this one.

Thanks

I am moving your thread to General Questions.

ISO is a disc image that resides on your hard drive, the files are in the original disc format (DVD or BD) and can be burned to disc. MKV is a file container normally used for MPEG-4 or other conversions that will play in many media players or with software on your PC. To play an ISO on your PC you need to mount it with DVDFab Virtual DRive (free), then open it with PowerDVD or TMT or some other player software. Check the specs before purchasing a media player.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

MKV vs ISO - problems with BD Menu

So far I've tried two different media players: Patriot Box Office & now IOmega Screenplay DX HD. Both will play the image files but go straight to the main movie. No access to setup features or menus. I purchased the Screenplay since I thought it would give me the menu access. No such luck. It seems like any player that will play the ISO file will do just that - nothing more. Very frustrating! Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong in my DVD Fab setup?

Comment

Working...
      X