This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DvdFab DVD to DVD Platinum?

Probably yet one more dumb question but after scanning the forums for a while could not find an answer.

Is "DVD to DVD" the same as platinum including mobile file support or has mobile file support been split from it and now purchased separately?

I noticed the sites product pages changed just recently and there is no more mention of the Platinum which included DVD to mobile functionality.

On the new product page no mention is made of mobile file support.

I'm asking because not long ago we had one of our Beagles nicknamed "The Destructor" get out of his crate overnight and he "redesigned" the entire bottom two rows of our DVD shelves in a new format that can never again be played in a player (bits and pieces). That represented about two years of collecting moves gone.

I have all my CDs backed up to MP3 and have found a new and burning desire to begin backing up our DVDs. The option of both hard copy and vid file on my network is why I ask.

Hi Angus
    Gold and Platinum are not purchasing options any more. All of the DVD functions that were in Platinum are in DVD to DVD, but DVD to Mobile is a module that requires a purchase. If you purchased DVDFab Platinum at a time when DVD to Mobile was included, you can get an updated key free for the v6 current releases that will include DVD to Mobile for no additional charge. See this: http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/NewOptions

Originally posted by Angus View Post
    Probably yet one more dumb question but after scanning the forums for a while could not find an answer.

Is "DVD to DVD" the same as platinum including mobile file support or has mobile file support been split from it and now purchased separately?

I noticed the sites product pages changed just recently and there is no more mention of the Platinum which included DVD to mobile functionality.

On the new product page no mention is made of mobile file support.

I'm asking because not long ago we had one of our Beagles nicknamed "The Destructor" get out of his crate overnight and he "redesigned" the entire bottom two rows of our DVD shelves in a new format that can never again be played in a player (bits and pieces). That represented about two years of collecting moves gone.

I have all my CDs backed up to MP3 and have found a new and burning desire to begin backing up our DVDs. The option of both hard copy and vid file on my network is why I ask.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That answers my question! Thanks for the quick reply!

Priority is making sure the Destructor can't wipe out a hefty investment again, network access can come later.

Thanks again!

Comment

Oh look, another really basic question (like the thread from last night)unanswerable from just trying to decipher the DVD Fab website product depiction/ descriptions.

When exactly were these features split into the different products you must pay for separately now ?

Hmmm, I wonder if a product comparison page might be warranted ???? I love beating a dead horse, or running over an already flat cat. Some think it useless and a waste of time. But if the cat's still an eyesore and the horse needs removing, someone needs to keep attention turned toward it. Not that I'm a crusader or anything (at least not this...).

Do the employees at FAB ever peruse this forum, or do the moderators ever make suggestions ? Just wondering...

Curve

Comment

Yep, it's like beating a dead horse !!!

The question has already been asked, nothing has happened and that is why I put together the product overview post that you were referred to earlier.

For your information, you are only the 2nd person that has asked this question since the products were split quite a long time ago so I can't really see this as being high priority, if ever.
          Last edited by GregiBoy; 11-16-2009, 02:27 AM.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Curveman View Post
            Oh look,

Hmmm, I wonder if a product comparison page might be warranted ???? ... Some think it useless and a waste of time.
            Curve
            Oh look, you continue to misconstrue meaning and intent.
            I believe I suggested a product description page would be helpful (such as GregiBoy created) and not a product comparison as you suggested and never suggested that product descriptions were a "waste of time"
            ... but then I suppose you never let the truth get in the way of a good story, eh?.

To compare is defined as: to take note of, to examine similarities and differences.
            There are no similarities with respect to these products...
            Hence the term, description.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
            X