Available Options for DVDFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Available Options for DVDFab

Is there a less expensive upgrade path from DVDRip+BluRayRip to add DVD and BluRay copy?

Purchased the DVD Ripper then later the BluRay Ripper... and now find I'd also like the copy functions to make ISO's for doing batch conversion later.

Hi GWild,

Sorry to say there is no less expensive upgrade path for getting DVD Copy and Blu-ray Copy. Yet we are offering 25% discount for Easter day, please visit http://www.dvdfab.com to find and hit the egg, don't miss out.

Regards,
    mona

Comment

Mona is right in that you should take advantage of the discount while it lasts.

Having said that, you can use the free portion of DVDFab, HD Decryptor, to copy to the hard drive without compression which sounds like it would satify your needs. Even better, you already have it installed with DVDFab. It may not work with all discs as there is often a delay in when new copy protections are added to HD Decryptor.

Comment

Thanks all -- right now having enough difficulty getting BluRay rips to work to WMV that I'm feeling like buying the copy tool is not worth it. Even many of my DVD rips have audio problems, so I've stopped using the DVD rip tool.

I get the impression this tool is used mostly by people ripping DVD's down to some ultra small file size for their phone or tablet, and not trying to retain the video and audio quality. My use is to make my PC a audio/video jukebox so I don't have to find my disk and wait for my BD player to boot and wait through all the commercial crap... I open Media Center, select Videos, navigate to the movie I want to watch, press Play.

Suggestion: put together a "RIP DVD/BD to Windows" tutorial; for those of us that want to watch our DVD's on our computers at full encoded DVD (848/720x480) or BD quality (1920x1080) with best available sound like Dolby5.1/HD/True, etc.
        Just a simple 1:1 rip that a Windows Machine (Media Player or Media Center) can play back.

Comment

Tip: Do not use that Windoze crap. Use MKV H264 Audiocopy and a decent FREE player like VLC or MPHT which knock the socks of the Gates rubbish.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for that helpful comment. To use any of those one needs to get the rip completed... which is the issue I am having.

Comment

That is what I am saying. Try the MKV route to see if the rip completes. If it does, use one of the players that I suggested.

The WMV transcoding has been a continual bugbear in Fab for literally years with hangs, slowness & audio sync problems.

PS: Do not rip direct from the optical disc.

Originally posted by GWild View Post
              Thanks for that helpful comment. To use any of those one needs to get the rip completed... which is the issue I am having.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GWild

For a true theater-like experience when watching on a PC, I suggest Arcsoft Total Media Theater 5 ("TMT5")and copying the discs in their native file format to a dedicated video hard drive. Only a few of the Ripper profiles can equal the picture quality of the original and to get it requires lots of processing time. TMT5 works with your GPU and even upscales DVD video.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X