X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB past Question?

Hi

DVDFab is a fantastic product despite what I have read on competitors forums.

I have a question and I have tried searching the forums.

Does DVDFab support HDDVD?? Or did it ever? If so where can I get that previous version?

Please let me know

thanks

Hi master333,

I asked this same question a few weeks back and never got a response. I've paid for both DVDFab5 and DVDFab6 and can't seem to find a way to do it. I sure hope you get a reply other than mine, as I would love to know the answer to this as well, and like you I searched the forums with no search results.

Best,
    wedged

Comment

This question HAS been answered before.

As I have never used the HD-DVD function, you will need to identify what version that you need. I think it was before version 6 though. Both Version 5 and Version can co-exist happily on the same machine although you will need different registration keys.

As a procedure, it is a good idea to keep the installers for all versions that you download archived on your hard disk. Disk space is cheap !!!

Here are some of the older versions for download.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The last version of DVDFab5 I think can still do HD DVD

Comment

If I remember correctly another user asked this same question and I couldn't give a straight answer since I never owned any HD-DVD's either, Fengtao replied to the thread stating Fab still handles them and that was well after version 6 was out but as stated my memory sucks lol

Comment

I just fired up the last version of 5 that I had, 5.3.2.2 and I can't find any mention of HD-DVD in it. Maybe it's the last production version, 5.2.5.0 that has it?

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            The last version of DVDFab5 I think can still do HD DVD
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I think it recognizes the HD DVD when it is inserted and DVDFab is on but do not have them to try

Comment

Unfortunately, neither do I.

Comment

Hi folks, thanks for the responses.

I did keep the installers for my past versions and have gone all the way back to 5.2.5.0 with no luck. I can see in the "Info" screen that the discs are recognized as HD-DVD and shows the title, but I cannot get Fab to allow me to set the HD drive (or the HDDVD_TS folder on the HDDVD disc) to the "Source" for a Full Disc copy.

I thought this might be a problem with my current machine's setup - cruft of trying out different decoding approaches - but over the past week I built a brand new machine and the behavior is exactly the same.

What can I do?

Thanks!

Comment

v5.2.5.0 never supported HD-DVD or BD, but the beta versions released before it did I think. The betas had higher release numbers (like 5.3.x.x) as I recall. v5.2.5.0 was basically a maintenance release and was the final official release before v6. I have a super-multi drive that reads HD-DVDs and will play them on my PC, but the current versions of DVDFab will not open them, at least the few of these titles that I own.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I checked my archive of versions and have v5.2.3.2 and v5.0.9.0, but nothing with a v5.3.*. Can someone send me a link to a place that has a v5.3.*? Pretty please?

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        v5.2.5.0 never supported HD-DVD or BD, but the beta versions released before it did I think. The betas had higher release numbers (like 5.3.x.x) as I recall. v5.2.5.0 was basically a maintenance release and was the final official release before v6. I have a super-multi drive that reads HD-DVDs and will play them on my PC, but the current versions of DVDFab will not open them, at least the few of these titles that I own.
                        I forgot about that and thanks for the reminder signals guess they need DVDFab 5.3.2.2 Beta then as that was the last beta released for DVDFab5

Comment

I still have beta version 5322 if anyone wants it I will send per email in a Zip file, pm me with an email addy and I will asap.

Comment

Hi folks, thanks to Maineman I was able to install and try the 5322 and had the same problem as in other versions: HD-DVD cannot be selected, but basic information for it does show up in the "Info" screen. :-( Guess I'm SOL.

Comment

So no one has found a version of DVDFab to do this?

Comment

Working...
                              X