Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd fab time issue

hi Guys,
    i am trying to compress a riped dvd folder ta a single avi and have some problems.

i have instaled the 8056 version and i am using the dvdripper option.

first i choose avi generic and the available resolutions are limited to 600x450.why that?
    what am i doing wrong? should i add a resolution?
    should i find the original vob resolution and add that?

also tryied to encode at avi and the final avi do not play well on mediaplayer11 or MPC. the time is running very fast and there is no picture after a few mins.

anyway . i am new to that and all i want to do is compress some dvds i have so i can move them to htpc.

can someone please guide me what format should i use?dvd fab has numerus and do not know what to choose. i do not have zune, ipod, mobile...
    all i want is best qualiti about 1.2gb per movie for the htpc.

can someone please help?

thanks

First upgrade to latest version.
    Of course you can add resolutions manually if you want to.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

hi ,
      thanks for the reply.
      i didnt know that thereis a new version. i will upgrade.

can you please explain what is the resolution that dvdfab display?
      now i am trying to compres a forest gumb dvd i have.

the mediainfo of the original vob shows 720x576. BUT under dvdfab effect settings show "Original Frame Resolution (1024 x 576)"

what is going on?

why those diferenses?in what res should i compress?

the dvd fab shows a list of resolutions starting from 960x396 and have already checked a 720x298.

thanks

Comment

Achilles
        The original DVD resolution (720x576) is not necessarily the displayed resolution of the decoded video. If it is a widescreen movie , the displayed video may be wider than 720. DVDFab will normally provide a list of choices for the output screen dimensions and you can choose the one that is siutable for your playback device. You can also make a custom size by accessing the Resize tab on the Video Effects page and entering the size you want in the boxes shown in the attachment and selecting the Customized Size button. If you want to see the original screen size of the decoded video on the DVD, look in the white box below the controls. The examples in the capture below are NTSC, the numbers for your PAL content will be slightly different.
        Attached Files
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

hi,
          should i choose a resolution with
          1.exact width to the shown in the white box and closest height?
          2.exact height and closest width?
          3.ad a new one with the specified res in the wight box if there isnt any?

from what i understand so far the best results is when there is no interpolation.how can i acheave this?

the bits per pixel means something?
          should i keep it to a specific target value?
          thanks again for the help!!!

Comment

Working...
          X