ATI Problems: Screen Shrunk 2" after ATI Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU ATI Problems: Screen Shrunk 2" after ATI Updates

1. After updating the ATI drivers as recommended for 8.0.9.0, the image of my HP 2509m monitor shrunk by 2". What happened?

2. After uninstalling the updates, my screen went back to normal. What happened?

3. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Please advise. Thanks,

Not a DVDFab problem as this seems to be an adjustment you need to make to your settings on your computer for your ATI card. Make sure they are all correct and the same as before

Comment

Harass ATI, not a subject for this forum...

Originally posted by childer View Post
      1. After updating the ATI drivers as recommended for 8.0.9.0, the image of my HP 2509m monitor shrunk by 2". What happened?

2. After uninstalling the updates, my screen went back to normal. What happened?

3. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Please advise. Thanks,
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It's OK for here in the General Questions forum, since DVDFab required the driver update. Maybe another ATI user can help. Sounds like a "zoom/fill" or other screen personalization setting did not get transferred in either the driver or some of the other updates that were required. I did change the title and prefix of the thread to reflect the ATI nature of the problem.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

Just got off the phone with Costco tech support as I bought the computer from them. After going through the same exercise plus 2 restorations and re-calibrations, I still ended up with a screen that is 2" smaller.

Then we did an individual download of the Display update and found the culprit.

I may have to forgo the Display update. Can DVDFab or any one else advise me which particular components are required from the Suite, in order to take advantage of this 8.0.9.0 release, assuming the Display update has no significance to this release?

Please advise. Thanks,

P.S.: Costco promised to reflect this bug to AMD. I will do so as well.

Comment

What graphics card you have? I have the Radeon HD 3850 and have not updated my drivers yet as I not try Blu-ray with QT versions just yet. I will check the installer out and let you know but do need to know type of graphics card you have

Comment

HD4650.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
              X