new version not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new version not working

Please help, ever since the new QT version came out when i download, it wont open. it installs but wont run after that. The old version works fine. Please help and tell me what i need to do to get this working again. Thanks.
    BTW using XP sevice pack 3 if that makes any difference.

Please tell us which version number you are trying to use and any other info you have in terms of error codes or messages.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Any QT version wont open therefore i get no error codes.
      When i double click to open nothing happens, just sits there.
      Sorry i cant be more help anything else i can try?

Comment

I received an ifo, from our Polish support (unofficial now), but in Poland
        one guy have this problem, too. Here is an 'error' screen after installation,
        when he is trying to run DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (prev. non-Qt working fine).
        System is WinXP Pro SP3.
        .:: Best Regards - Artur ::.

Comment

Have tried reinstalling Version 8092, restarted computer, and still nothing when i try to open it the hour glass shows working for about 3 or 4 seconds then stops nothing opens. But everything else works fine.

Comment

XP Pro Service Pack 3
            Program will not open. Simply sits in my system processes.
            No .log files have been made on my computer. Searched the DVDFab folder for them.
            Software Version:8.0.9.1

Install is fine, but won't load program. After uninstalling and reinstalling I was able to open the program and continue past the page informing me of the status of my trials. The program froze with a pop up box telling me to disable my firewall so it could check for updates. Now when I attempt launch the software nothing happens, but it shows up under task manager as DVDFab,exe. There aren't any log files that I can find.

Comment

well glad you at least got that far i tried all that and i still get nothing *Stumped*
              Did clean uninstall still nothing.
              Last edited by toroman; 05-12-2011, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Hi toroman

You need to do a clean uninstall of DVDFab8 because sometimes programs can get files that become corrupt. You can uninstall DVDFab with the uninstall program. Open My Computer and go to c:\Program Files (OR) wherever you installed DVDFab, delete the "DVDFab" folder. Open "c:\WINDOWS \ PREFETCH" clean all the relevant ".pf " files with DVDFab. Then restart computer and check if there are some related files left, if does, please delete them.

You can also use CCleaner found here to clean your computer and also leftover registry items and then reinstall Fab again.

Hope this helps
                CBR929.
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yeah i did all that, and when i install i get as far as the first screen where it says start dvdfab then after about 30 seconds it disappears then i have to completely uninstall again, reinstall then get back to that screen and if i click on start dvdfab everything freezes.
                  *stumped*

Comment

Hi toroman,

Please right click on DVDFab8 QT icon on desktop, go to compatibility- run DVDFab8qt under another compatible mode to see the result.

Comment

Even I have tried that, as far as choosing compatibility mode, and still nothing. The last time this happened, they realized that the software was configured for 64 Bit. 8.0.8.5 still works. But, ever since QT came out, that's when all the problems started. I have about 4 or chats opened with everyone experiencing the exact same problem(s).

Comment

It looks like it is for 64 bit systems i tried loading it on a laptop with 64 bit and it worked just fine,Now they need to get this going for 32 bit systems,
                        Lets Go!!!!

Comment

It is not clear whether you have tried v8.0.9.2. If not, please try it and report.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes i have tried every version since 8.0.8.5 and that is the last one that i could get to work for me.(8.0.8.5 that is)
                            8.0.9.2 will work on my 64 bit laptop but not my 32 bit desktop.
                            Any further help is much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                            X