FAB goes ATI streaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU FAB goes ATI streaming

I would like to know the results of " CUDA vs STREAMING " in DVDFab Blu-Copy.

The ATI stream "acceleration" only supports decoding right now, not encoding. This is due to the ATI driver, not DVDFab. The tests run by the DVDFab developers found the ATI decoding speed not to be much better than DXVA, if any. I have not seen any posts by users about this, but there may be some in the forum. From what I have read and heard, it is still no contest, CUDA is much more useful and faster.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

CUDA may be the fastest of the bunch BUT keep in mind that it produces the worst quality pictures when it comes to encoding. For comparison, my GTX280 (CUDA enabled of course) completes a 3D Blu Ray to two L-R Separate Files encoding in about 2X Real Time. It tops at 58 FPS, with a mean value of about 50 FPS. My 6-core i7 Xeon Westmere, clocked at about 3.2GHZ, does it a little faster than realtime, with a mean value of about 28 FPS. Using my custom encoder profile (tweaked X264 settings) i get about 12-14 FPS but the quality of the output video is day and night compared with Nvidia CUDA which most of the time produces A LOT artifacts especially in CGI Animations. Really, DO NOT USE CUDA when you are going to work with HD CGI Animations. See my relative threads and posts under 3D Ripper section about those damn artifacts.

Comment

I do not routinely use it for encode or decode, get great results and adequate speed with DVDFab set to all Software. Although the last test I ran with CUDA+Software encode looked pretty good (iPhone4 1080p profile).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X