This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to rip TV episodes?

I have the DVDfab Plat. Edition so I believe I have every piece of DVDfab software currenlty offered. My question is this. I have tons of DVD box sets of TV shows. What I'm wanting to be able to do if possible is rip each episode from a DVD into a AVI format or something simliar. My problem is I'm not sure how to do this correctly. When I put the disc in the drive it scans it and comes up with a TON of files from the DVD. Now the DVD only has like 5 episodes on it but there's like 30 files. How do I know which are the episodes? Is there a easier way of doing this to rip just each episode automatically? I tried going threw the list of files and picking out the ones that have say 20-25 minutes episodes which should only be 5. However there's like 15 or so files that are as long as the normal episodes. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do this?

Not sure what TV series only has 25 min to an episode they are normally 40+ to 50+ min.

If not doing the full disc mode...........

I use the custom mode and check the episode by the number such as 1 -2 -3 -4.

Takes a couple min for each episode to rip to a hard drive.

What is the name of one of the series you are doing?
    Since I have about 35 years of TV series maybe I have the same one and can take a look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
      Not sure what TV series only has 25 min to an episode they are normally 40+ to 50+ min.

If not doing the full disc mode...........

I use the custom mode and check the episode by the number such as 1 -2 -3 -4.

Takes a couple min for each episode to rip to a hard drive.

What is the name of one of the series you are doing?
      Since I have about 35 years of TV series maybe I have the same one and can take a look at it.
      Well currently I'm trying to rip my cartoon series for my son. I've started on X-Men (1993) Animated Series Volume 1. There's 8 episodes on the 1st disc, However when you use DVD Ripper there's like 90 some files that pop up. Now the episodes are around 24-25 minutes each. By using this I can find 8 episodes however there's a total of like 30 files that are listed as this long with 7 chapters. So which are the right files? Why so many for just 8 episodes?

Comment

OK now it makes since with ripping cartoons.
        I have about 30GB of cartoons saved for the grand kids I will take a look at them and see if I can come up with an answer for you.

Comment

See the attachment.
          This must be similar to what you are seeing.
          This is 7 episodes of Tom and Jerry cartoons.

The checked box of 47 min includes all 7 episodes.
          The individual episodes are the 6+ min listing.

Have you tried to use the preview window to see and select or would just choosing the combined title work for you?

As far as the extra file you are seeing --there are always files that have nothing to do with the actual episode.
          Attached Files

Comment

asdfas

One thing I've noticed for a lot of TV shows is that you may have one file per episode - and then another huge file with everything in it!

I believe they use this as a mechanism for "play all" vs playing individual episodes.

I've also seen movies have multiple copies on the DVD that aren't accessible through the DVD menu - one movie had the French release on it - all the titles and credits were all in French!

Comment

Originally posted by Galaxy_Stranger View Post
              One thing I've noticed for a lot of TV shows is that you may have one file per episode - and then another huge file with everything in it!
              That is what I said and what my attachment shows.

All 7 episodes are in the title checked and highlighted.

Comment

The "files" are actually Titles and in most cases they don't actually exist as different VOB files. You can verify this with TV episode discs by selecting the Title that has all the episodes, then adding the individual episode Titles one at a time and watching to see if the output size changes in the lower part of the window, near the Quality % readout. If you select the title that contains alll the episodes first, selecting the Titles for each individual episode will not change the output size (or only very little).
                Originally posted by Galaxy_Stranger View Post

I believe they use this as a mechanism for "play all" vs playing individual episodes.

I've also seen movies have multiple copies on the DVD that aren't accessible through the DVD menu - one movie had the French release on it - all the titles and credits were all in French!
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X