Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the difference between 8 and 8 qt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's the difference between 8 and 8 qt?

just curious.

yep

i did some reading. nothing there. anyway,can you direct me to a link that talks about it?

Comment

asdasfd

They're moving to QT so they can support more platforms.

QT is a development environment - KINDA like .NET. If you develop your application using QT, then in theory, you can run your QT application on any platform that has QT ported to it.

So, in the future, they'll offer DVDFAB natively on MACOS and hopefully on Linux.

So, basically, QT allows them to make DVDFAB for multiple platforms without having to start from scratch for each - which lowers development costs and likely raises market share.

As users, we don't really care about QT.

Comment

ok

So i'm guessing that 8 qt is stable enough to use for windows? if not and idf there is still just a 8 with no qt,can you send me a link so i can install that?

Comment

@bamahusker
          If you do not have older versions saved on your machine, you can always find them Or, I believe v8 DVDFab is still available on dvdfab.com
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

ummmm

ummm no all i see is QT. if there is one,it's hidden. Can you send me a link of the current version of 8 that is not QT?

Comment

asfasdf

Somewhere around here is an archive of older versions of DVDFab - but I don't know where that is.

Currently, 8x has issues for different people. The fact that it's QT doesn't really matter to us as users. For some of us, there's just a bug here and there. I, personally, have been having problems with 8.0.9.2. But other people haven't had any issues at all.

Don't be afraid to download it and try it out. It won't harm your computer. At worst, you can just uninstall it. Eventually, the bugs will get worked out. And I suspect fairly soon.

Comment

you mean of qt?

Comment

@bamahusker
                  I just gave you a link. See my post #7
                  sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

that says 8.0.9.1 and that is a qt. oh well.

Comment

@bamahusker
                      What da heck are you talking about? I gave you link to all old version of DVDFab all the way back to version 3. Did you follow that link????
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi bamahusker
                        If you want non Qt then you will have to install 8.0.8.5 from the link that my friend IPopov50 gave you in post#7 or click this link here or click the here in IPopov50 post #7
                        CBR929
                        Last edited by CBR929; 06-01-2011, 02:59 AM.
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Why not just download DVDFab 8.0.8.5 from the DVDFab.com website. Here link just look for Tip: DVDFab 8.0.8.5 is still available for download

Comment

v8085 is the last official release that is not Qt, but you should try the Qt first to see how it works for you. As noted in an earlier post, many people had no problems. v8085, however has known A/V sync issues in BD Ripper and DVD Ripper. DVD Copy and Blu-ray Copy work fine.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

ok. sorry. as you know i'm autistic so i get confused easily. i apologize if i make no sense at times

Comment

Working...
                              X