Merge DVD/BluRay with no loss in quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge DVD/BluRay with no loss in quality

I have been using DVDFAB to decrypt and rip my DVD collection to my media centre - am coming to the last bits and now want to rip DVD sets and multi-disk movies (LOTR) - is there a way to do this without losing any quality?

I have used Merge before but it will only allow me to output to DVD9 (77%) is there a way to remove this cap[acity limit so I can Merge at 100% quality?

DVDFab produces DVD-Video compliant output and the developers have been reluctant to allow user control that would produce output that you couldn't burn to a blank disc due to size (support issues I think). I would suggest that you decrypt and write the original discs to your HDD using DVDFab, then use DVD Shrink to merge the titles that you want, using the DVD browser tab in re-author mode. You will need to set the preferences in Shrink (Edit->Preferences) to a custom output size before starting the merging. Caveats: there will be no menus and the non-standard folders may not play on some players and devices that strictly construe DVD requirements.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

asdfasdf

@Tfatman - you could just rip each individual video to an .iso and use an application like VLC to play it. The obvious problem is that many players can't play .iso files - like XBMC currently and my BluRay player. Plus, you can fill a terrabyte drive real fast.

Comment

Working...
      X