Two Folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Folders

I'm not sure when this accured, and could someone explain this to me? I checked my 'C' drive, program files and found that I have 3 folders on DvdFab! One is dvdfab 8, which is 8085v, the 2nd is dvdfab 8QT, the 3rd is dvdfab 8QT(2)! Both QT folders are v8098QT! I've opened both folders and the 1st folder 8QT has all componets and folders, which are alot! The 2nd folder, 8QT(2) has about half the folders with (2) beside them, and about half the componets of the frist folder 8QT! I went into add and remove programs and only had v8085, and v8098Qt installed! I'm running windows XP,SP3! I have no Idea way I have 2 8QT folders under my 'C' drive! Question is, do I need this 2nd folder(8QT(2)?, and does it have anything to do with the frist folder (8QT)? Would it mess up anything if I deleted the 2nd folder(8QT(2)?

Fab 8 and Fab 8 QT are independent of one another and are installed to distinct and separate folders. So this is as it should be.

As far as 2 separate QT folders...at some point the install file path was altered...whether it was inadvertant by you or some other glitch.
    (I have only 1 QT folder in my program files...I'm running win7 Pro 64-bit)

All the QT installers should install to the same folder thereby overwriting the previous install. Again, unless this was modified.

Many times users, such as myself will install and test multiple versions, eg.,
    8096 Beta QT, 8097 Beta QT and 8098 QT
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Two folders

Thank you MAINEMAN!

Comment

Sure thing pal, glad to help out

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Does this mean that I should delete DVDFab 8 since I now have the DVDFab 8qt.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
            Does this mean that I should delete DVDFab 8 since I now have the DVDFab 8qt.

Thanks
            It doesn't really mean you should or shouldn't.
            If you have no foreseeable need for Fab 8, no harm will befall you or your pc should you delete it.

Most of us old-timers keep all the previous installers and also have a few versions installed and active.
            You never know when you'll encounter a dvd that the new version just can't handle, whereas an older version will handle it without a problem

For eg., I have v.4.1.2.0 (my old favorite), 6.2.1.8 (great for my older .avi and .mkv conversions) and a scattering of Fab 7 & 8 installed and at the ready

Comment

Very helpful, maybe I will start doing the same.

Thanks

Comment

Maineman is right I have kept every version since 5208 beta.

Comment

That's a great idea. Is there an easy way to transfer settings from one install to another?

Comment

No, not usually across version numbers, since they are in different folders and the settings and options available change over time. Settings within version numbers (i.e. anything in v8.x.x.x) are preserved automatically in most cases. I think the v7.x->v8.x change kept many settings however, and possibly some of the others. If you just keep the installer exe files, you can install and use them as necessary.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

2 folders

SIGNALS, can you still remove the beta's after the offical release has come out? Doesn't the Offical release have all the updates of the beta's before the Offical release! I useally D/L beta's and use and then remove when Offical release comes out! I hope this is right, if not I've wasted all my beta's!

Comment

I save the installer files of all the betas, but I never leave a Beta installed on my machine. Unless there is an unusual glitch in the coding of the "Official Release", everything good that was in the Beta that came before it will be included.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

2 folders

Thanks SIGNALS, thats what I meant, all the "Goods" are kepted!

Comment

Working...
                          X