This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I Que up DVD Rips?

I have computer with 2 optical drives and a USB duplicator. I found out that I can rip from them all.

Question is this. If I put in DVDs in each drive is there an option to rip from each drive one at a time without babysitting the machine?

If DVDfab does not allow this is there any alternative way of doing this. I use the batch conversion and run it over night to convert to my movie format.

Thanks a bunch. This program kicks ass!

Have a read of my thread, "best Practice: DVD to Mobile" (Link in my signatuer below)

If you rip to hard disk folders, you can queue conversion jobs up overnight, eg: I am currently converting 22 episodes of SG-1 from the hard disk folders where I have ripped the 6 disks.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I actually did maybe i read the wrong one. brb ill read it again.

Comment

ok. i read that before but maybe i am reading it wrong? I understand that you would want to rip to folder first. I am just wanting the RAW dvd files only. 1st rip, then 2nd and so on in thier respective folders and then i can batch convert whenever I want. Are we on the same page or am i just dumb?

Comment

ohhh ****...... I got it now I think......
          Last edited by suspend; 11-19-2009, 02:54 AM. Reason: Sorry about that.

Comment

Please read the rules and do NOT use that type of language again.

Comment

SO let me see if I am right per your email.

I am making the settings so that I am converting on the fly per my mobile settings and keeping the TS files as well in another folder directory? Right?

Comment

Fab does have an option to "allow multiple instances of DVDFab" it's under common settings>general. Probably is ok to rip more than one disc at a time. Make sure each disc in each instance in Fab is set as the target. Then you can run the batch mode. (personally never tried that so post back to let us know how that works).

Comment

No !!!!

Rip all the DVD's to your hard disk first.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
                    Fab does have an option to "allow multiple instances of DVDFab" it's under common settings>general. Probably is ok to rip more than one disc at a time. Make sure each disc in each instance in Fab is set as the target. Then you can run the batch mode. (personally never tried that so post back to let us know how that works).
                    I have used the multiple instances of DVDfab. It works ok but with as many DVD drives that I have I cant run them all at the same time.

I wanted to run 1 then the other and then another. For some reason I cannot figure out what Greg is trying to say. It is just not coming to me

Comment

the only option i see to que it is in the dvd to mobile settings.

Comment

AHH ok, no I don't think Fab will que up rips like that. sorry for my misunderstanding.

Comment

I am curious to see if gregiboy misunderstood me as well.

I would love for a feature like this to exist but probably most people wouldnt have more than 2 optical drives.

Comment

Post a request for that feature in the feature request thread (at one time I had 5 drives installed and currently I have 3)

Comment

suspend
                              See if this is not what you are looking for:

It is a utility developed by user billbell52 and posted in the
                              DVDFab Knowledge Base.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X