v8.0.9.8 Qt Monkey Logo Splash Screen stays up for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8.0.9.8 Qt Monkey Logo Splash Screen stays up for a while

Does anyone know how to stop the monkey logo splash screen from staying up so long when you start the program? I'm a paid, registered user of DVDFab and this was not happening before the Qt update recently, the program used to come up immediately without that monkey screen on top of everything for a long time.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hi chingon
    There is no way to disable this, it comes up while Fab loads.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Much obliged CBR929, lets hope this gets fixed some day, its annoying as heck.

Comment

Even without the splash screen, DVDFab still must go through all the steps that it shows, as part of the new profile system for the Ripper modules, so it will not save any time. It is more than just eye candy.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I like the logo adds to it. Not a problem for me.

Comment

How about adjusting splash screen back so that it is sent backwards so that it does not cover every program on your computer until it finishes and maybe making the logo smaller.

Comment

This reminds me of the "Monkey" discussion years ago !!!

Guys, it's just not gonna happen!!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                This reminds me of the "Monkey" discussion years ago !!!

Guys, it's just not gonna happen!!!
                But the monkey changed color after that discussion, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

wondering if this splash screen could be the problem for some of the XP users
                  Paid Not To Work
                  US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
                  Proudly Served On
                  USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
                  6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Didn't it change from green to blue between a major revision?

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                    But the monkey changed color after that discussion, if I'm not mistaken.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      Didn't it change from green to blue between a major revision?
                      Only remember that when the color was changed, there was a huge discussion about the new color.

Comment

I think the OP's problem is that the splash is set to be on top of all other programs and takes a while to load on a slow computer. Simply being able to click away to another program would probably fix the issue.

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that painting the screen with the names of the loading modules does take time. It happens so fast on a modern computer that most of us would not be able to tell but on a really slow PC things are being slowed down. Think back to the days when you only had 16mb of video memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                          I think the OP's problem is that the splash is set to be on top of all other programs and takes a while to load on a slow computer. Simply being able to click away to another program would probably fix the issue.

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that painting the screen with the names of the loading modules does take time. It happens so fast on a modern computer that most of us would not be able to tell but on a really slow PC things are being slowed down. Think back to the days when you only had 16mb of video memory.
                          Hi Complication.

I agree that being able to click away the spash screen instead of being locked out of your screen during the delay would be another great solution to the forced splash screen delay of this very popular program. Delays like this are juvinile and unfortunate from a SW development perspective, it can take much away from this already very well established program to potential customers. Also, I don't think that this delay can be completely attributed to how modern your pc is, for example I sport the Sony Model Z with a 3Ghz Intel i7 processor, 8 Gig's of RAM and running Windows 7 Ultimate so at least for me, its not because of a slow, or modern machine.

We've already heard this will not get fixed so there is nothing we can do about it.
                          Last edited by chingon; 06-15-2011, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Do you guys get the feeling you are beating a dead horse?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                              Do you guys get the feeling you are beating a dead horse?
                              Thats not right g LOL
                              CBR929
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X