This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to convert "purchased" DRM movie files

My wife burned a movie from Itunes onto a disc. The disc will not play in a DVD player or even a PS3. It will only play on the computer.

I tried converting the file to ISO and then to disc, and it still won't play in players. I tried using dvdfab to burn disc to disc, and it opens a bar at the bottom of the screen that says "Open video file source:" and then it goes away. Literally less than a second.

I am obviously new to this, so can anyone help? As I am new to this, I appologize beforehand if this is in the wrong section of the forum.

The reason is it needs to be converted to DVD format. That can be done with a Freeware app called DVDflick (Google it) OR another program and much better imo is ConvertxtoDVD (not freeware). And welcome to the forum.

Comment

I downloaded DVDFlick and tried to "Add title"

It now tells me "The video codec "itunes DRM" is unsupported"

Comment

AHH ok, its been so long since I used it. If memory serves it supports avi format, Convertx has a trial period I think so give that a try.

Comment

You will get much better results if you convert DVDs yourself using DVDFab DVD to Mobile. Even the files you "buy" and "own" from places like iTunes and other online sources are not really yours, they are full of DRM crap that makes them useless. These files, as W&B pointed out are not DVD-Video format and would have to be converted to play on most standalone DVD players. Some DVD players have USB ports and will play them from those, a few will play them from a DVD disc, check you player's specs.

There may be an app somewhere that will strip the DRM from iTunes downloads, try google for that.

I am moving this thread to the General Questions forum and changing the title to more correctly reflect what you want to do.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
            AHH ok, its been so long since I used it. If memory serves it supports avi format, Convertx has a trial period I think so give that a try.
            Just an FYI to all parties interested; All of the programs that I have found so far that remove DRM protection, are shareware and not freeware. They will give you a free trial, but it will only convert the first 60 seconds of a file. Tunebite seemed to be the easiest to use IMO, and would be the one I would buy, if I were to buy one.

Convertx, as W&B mentioned above, has a trial period, but it will leave a watermark in the middle of the video until you purchase it.

Comment

Working...
            X