Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A semi 'bug' thing I'd like to note and a question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A semi 'bug' thing I'd like to note and a question?

I have no idea if I've chosen the right category for this but feel free to move it if I'm wrong.

This 'bug' wont affect many people but it's just something I've noticed. I used to have a normal internet connection and ran DVDFab 8.0.5 I think, I've recently got rid of that connection though and now have a Virgin USB modem (same version DVDFab), for some reason it's now impossible for me to use the internet whilst I have DVDFab open. The only reason I can work out why is as follows:

When I open the software to connect to the internet, it automatically disables the 'preview window whilst dragging' feature. As in, when I drag a window it drags an outline of the window regardless of what setting I've chosen through 'visual appearances'. I believe this is what's causing the conflict with DVDFab (DVDFab never drags an outline regardless of my settings when I have the internet disconnected), I've upgraded to 8.1.0.3 and I'm still having the same problem.

What happens is when I have both programs open DVDFab freezes mid-encode, and my Virgin software will usually crash though sometimes I can connect but it's a false connection and loading a webpage will automatically fail. DVDFab will remember where I'm up to and once I close the internet software DVDFab resumes without any hitches.

Anyway, as I said it wont affect many people and that's the best reason I can come up with as to why it's happening so I'm just throwing it out there.
    ___

As for my question, I'm wondering if other people have this problem when ripping. I've taken a screenshot because I have no way to put it in words;

You can clearly see the blocky, glitchy looking thing, it only pops up for a split second but it comes up in everything I rip. A general rule is 1 time per TV episode, 1-4 times per movie. I use avi.h264 audiocopy for them all and it's happened with basically every version of DVDFab I've had. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this? I've tried using .mp4's but the sound just isn't good enough, I'd love an mp4 audiocopy profile, not sure if it could work though.

And also why I'm on the topic one last tiny question, what's the difference between avi.h264 and avi(2gb).h264? It's only in the newer versions obviously and I don't know what it is.

Cheers for reading if you made it this far!

This description sounds similar to the problems caused by USB devices such as the MagicJack internet telephone device and some others. I think these devices use disc I/O channels to access your operating system as a shortcut and interfere with DVDFab and sometimes with software media players as well. If the device you are using appears in your My Computer list as a disc drive that may be the problem, and there is no solution that I know of, other than a different internet provider or interface. Perhaps other Viirgin internet users could lend a hand.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

had the same problem with my 3G..Never could fix it..On Bigpond ADSL and all OK.

Comment

Thanks signals, your reason is far better than mine. I had a look in My Computer and the modem does in fact come up as a disc drive, sucks that there's no fix for it. Topdog you're right, I used to be with Telstra too and had no problems, I even at one stage had a modem that plugged into the USB and power point but that never gave me problems. Oh well, I'm moving countries in about a month anyway so I can put up with it until then, thanks guys.

Now as for the second part, does anybody reading know the cause of the glitchy thing? Is it common to others aswell or is there something I can change to fix it? Cheers.

Comment

Hi Akzz1
          Please give as much information as you can in this thread
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
          X