• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha, you beat me to it

Comment

I guess I can live with 4x.
      Thanks again for all your help!!!

Comment

Also I would burn at x6 or x8 times, with that media (sometimes to slow is just as bad as to fast

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Huh, I've never heard that before. Why would burning at a slower speed be bad? I've always heard that a slower burn is a better burn

Comment

Not always, after some burns I did a scan using nero cdspeed and my most stable burns come at x6, rule of thumb I always use is burn at half the rated speed of your rated media.

Comment

Btw, EXCELLANT choice in burners Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200A 1.09, I have the same and it's never failed me yet. You also have the most current firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by hellnbak View Post
                  Huh, I've never heard that before. Why would burning at a slower speed be bad? I've always heard that a slower burn is a better burn
                  W&B's advice is right on as always.
                  The old adage for burning "speed kills" is not always correct.
                  As you've seen, you can't even burn this media "badly" at 2.4X.

You have a great burner and decent to excellent quality media.
                  Do you happen to know if the manufacturer is TY, MMC, Sony or Ricoh?

I recommend burning this stuff at 8X, and you can probably burn it at 12X without issues, especially if it's not Ricoh.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

@Wild & Blue ..Excellent job helping hellnbak .... two thumbs up ... great job !!!

@hellnbak ... dont forget to DONATE to LUK (Lightning UK) the developer of ImgBurn. ImgBurm is the BEST burning tool on the PLANET, no bloatware, been using since it's inception. Once you start using it you won't use anything else.
                    Last edited by AlienX69; 11-21-2009, 02:46 PM.
                    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
                      @Wild & Blue ..Excellent job helping hellnbak
                      Actually all credit should really go to Maineman, Signals and AGJ (and others also) I 1st got into this about 2-3 years ago, read all their post like it was Holy scripture LOL. I'm still learning but don't let my mistakes reflect on them (they probably forgot more than I'll ever learn ). But this thread should be an example why to always post the needed info as was asked early on and never hesitate to ask how to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                        BTW, Img's author is LUK! (author of the legendary dvd decrypter).
                        So true, the LUK is pioneer of DVD decrypting ....
                        AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Working...
                        X