Computer Crashes after EVERY copy/burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Computer Crashes after EVERY copy/burn

I have a weird problem. When I first downloaded DVDFab about 7 months ago, I could copy a movie, keep DVDFab open, and proceed to make additional copies of movies. I'm sorry, I don't recall the version of DVDFab I was using.

Then I updated that version of DVDFab to 8.0.9.2 and after every single movie I copy (it can be Blu Ray to Blu Ray or Blu Ray to DVD9), my computer crashes AFTER the copy/rip is completed. The first time this happened I thought something just messed up with the copying process and I was going to have a coaster (useless, used, blank media), but when I played the Blu Ray or the DVD9 the movie played perfectly!! So clearly the computer crashed AFTER the movie copy was finalized.

Let me describe the way the computer crashes. After successful burn, the computer FREEZES on a blue colored screen with a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo. It says something about "unable to dump memory" and a host of other unintelligible terms and numbers which a common person like myself cannot understand. The computer will not respond to keyboard or mouse input at that point. I have to do a hard reset of my computer (hold power button down for a few seconds and reboot Windows, etc from scratch). This happens after every copy/burn I make. It is REALLY ANNOYING.

I tried updating to the lasted BETA Version 8.1.0.6 today. I copied a movie. Same problem. Frozen blue screen at the end of the copy process which required a reboot. But successful burn process as movie plays fine.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

Please disable automatic restart on BSOD (Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Settings -> Uncheck "Automatically Restart).

A look into c:\windows\minidump can also help if there are any files with recent file dates, please post the files.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

ok, burnt another disk, I took a picture of "crash screen" referred to above. i will quote it below. Please help me fix this problem!

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
      DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL
      If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. IF this screen appears again follow theses steps:
      Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
      If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable the BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, pressF8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.
      Technical information:
      *** STOP: 0x0000000D1 (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000x0000000000000000)

Collecting daata for crash dump...
      Initializing disk for crash dump...
      Beginning dump of physical memory.
      Dumping physical memory to disk: 100"

So that is it! The full "crash screen" I get after EVERY BURN/COPY. DVD and Blu Ray. Hard restart required. Sick of restarting! Any suggestions to fix this problem are appreciated.

Comment

This is not a DVDFab software problem.
        It could be a corrupt driver or a virus.

世界中のあらゆる情報を検索するためのツールを提供しています。さまざまな検索機能を活用して、お探しの情報を見つけてください。

Comment

Attach the minidump file to a post if it exists and is not over the size limit.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Everyone, thanks for your help. I'm sad to hear it's my computer that's the problem. It's a brand new HP laptop... disappointing...

I do not know what a "minidump" is. If you tell me where to find this information I will attempt to post it.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Oetboy4 View Post
              I do not know what a "minidump" is.
              %windir%\minidump
              人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
              Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Working...
              X