X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CoreAVC no support!?

Hi

im a purchased user from coreavc!
    i give it a try to see the difference in encoding speed but fab dont use core avc.
    (or it looks like this)

there is no coreavc icon in taskbar. coreavc h264 de/encoding and taskbar icon enabled. when playback a mkv with h264 codec i see the taskbar icon.

maybe a bug?

Go to Common Settings ->A/V Settings and see if DVDFab sees CoreAVC (it should) and it would say "CoreAVC detected".
    In settings for decoder (drop-down) you will see list of option, e.g. CUDA, DXVA, etc. CoreAVC should be listed there as well. You can select it from there...
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
      Go to Common Settings ->A/V Settings and see if DVDFab sees CoreAVC (it should) and it would say "CoreAVC detected".
      In settings for decoder (drop-down) you will see list of option, e.g. CUDA, DXVA, etc. CoreAVC should be listed there as well. You can select it from there...
      im not a noob
      coreavc is seleced, fab show me in the log too "coreavc in use" but i don't think so.

there is no taskbar icon!

Comment

Why you don't think so? And what taskbar icon are you looking for? If you selecting CoreAVC, DVDFab will engage it.
        Try to convert with software/software settings and CoreAVC/Software settings to see the difference.
        BTW, there's nothing wrong in being noob - don't be ashamed of it.
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

to see the difference.
          BTW, there's nothing wrong in being noob - don't be ashamed of it.
          this was just a joke

Why you don't think so? And what taskbar icon are you looking for?
          if coreavc realy in use you can see an icon in the taskbar! (green=nvidia/red=ATI)

just try it! create an mkv container with H264 codec and play with WMP (if enabled) you can see the icon in the taskbar.
          this show me, coravc is real in use!

Comment

moonie2001
            please do not disappoint me Don't make my joke a real comment.
            You don't see icon with DVDFab because DVDFab uses CoreAVC engine, not as stand-along application, while player uses it as third-party application.
            sigpic

Comment

I can see a slight speed difference with it enabled but I haven't tried it recently. (Not with v8.1.0.5 or 6).
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

@signals
                There is a difference, I tried.... at least on my machine. Unfortunately, DVDFab, by using just an engine, doesn't take advantage of the fact that CoreAVC is CUDA-enabled, so CUDA acceleration isn't engaged when codec working within DVDFab frame.
                sigpic

Comment

there is a ~50% slower speed!
                  but this is ok, the videooutput is realy! better

Comment

Working...
                  X