Now problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now problems

So I updated to 8.1.0.5 and now when I copy a movie or put it in a container, it gets to a point and then just hangs there. I came back 4.3 hours and it was at the same percentage when I left.

Please define "put it in a container" part. Wat does that means.
    Also, please provide more information about what are you doing, what movie(s) are you trying to convert (?), etc.
    I just checked, I still can't read others' mind. So please help me to help you.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
      Please define "put it in a container" part. Wat does that means.
      Also, please provide more information about what are you doing, what movie(s) are you trying to convert (?), etc.
      I just checked, I still can't read others' mind. So please help me to help you.
      Too bad, you'd make bank if you could.

Did 2 methods, copied entire dvd and also use dvd ripper.

Copied dvd - save to my videos. used dvd ripper to put as .MKV to D:\movies, all settings left alone, picked source from My Videos. Picked 3 tracks, 1st one is only 41 seconds. Commenced, stopped at 23.63%, frame rates goes all the way down to 0.00

DVD Ripper - DVD inserted, picked source E:\ drive where movie is, selected same 3 tracks, set to .MKV, all settings left alone, same results, exactly at the 23.63% mark.

Just tried Aliens as well, same results except it hangs at 19.45%.

I originally had these copied using the methods above without a problem, had to remove and do again to include extra scenes. Removed folder and all files from D:\Movies before re-copying. This is what is happening now, during the second time.

Using 8.0.8.5. Had 8.1.0.5 installed and same results and at the same 23.63%
      Last edited by swatbat2142; 07-13-2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

When you are ripping to MKV, are you using mkv.remux? or other profile? If compression involved (any profile but remux), what A/V Settings are you using?
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Try again and monitor the process preview tab. If the image turns still, the decoder has probably frozen or can't read the source.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses. Remember "reading minds", well a friend of mine does. He calls from out of the blue, (works at RT space systems) to see how things are going and I told him what happened. Remotes in, uninstalls, locates ALL hidden files and removes, cleans registry and installs again. Everything works just fine again.

He reviewed the files and appears that some of the hidden files can be "easily corrupted" his words.

I don't care, seems that DVDFab does a lot more than other software out there and everything always has it's positives and negatives.

But again, thanks for the quick responses. I'm running again.

Comment

Just saw your responses;

IP50 - No, using default generic.mkv.h264.aac

Signals - That is interesting point, so your meaning is that the DVD may be unreadable at that same point? If yes, I am going to check them from now before copying.

Again, thanks

Comment

Working...
              X