8.1.0.6 Every dvd is read as a hybrid disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.1.0.6 Every dvd is read as a hybrid disk

No matter what disc I put in, Fab reads it as a hybrid, asks what layer to change to and then says it is changing layers and runs forever. Never opening the disc. Here is the Internal Log:
    DVDFab 8.1.0.6 (2011/07/22 00:53:18)0m 00.82s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 00.82s: Qt Translator file load success
    1m 55.81s: hybrid disc:
    1m 55.95s: detected dvd
    1m 56.01s: drive E
    1m 56.01s: dvd type 1
    1m 56.03s: volume label KING_KONG

Check this setting it might help? Haven't run into this yet myself?
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Check this setting it might help? Haven't run into this yet myself?
      Tried that, no luck.

Comment

Huh, it's the drive. If I put a disc into any other drive, all is well.

Comment

What kind of drive is the problem drive? In case others run into the same issue.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            What kind of drive is the problem drive? In case others run into the same issue.
            Drive is: HP (LG) BDDVDRW CH20L, Firmware: BC33
            Last edited by gaak; 07-22-2011, 08:44 PM. Reason: Add firmware and orig. maker.

Comment

Good info for future reference thanks.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Same problem w/hybrid reading

You are not alone as I have had the same problem with reading discs as a hybrid (same drive HP BDDVDRW CH20L), asking what layer to change to and then saying it is changing layers but does not open Before DVDFab 8.1.0.6 I have not experienced this problem with any other QT versions--so why now? I have been able to trick 8.1.0.6 so that it works but shouldn't have to do that for it to perform properly Hopefully the next updated version will fix this problem.

Brenda

Comment

It is a new feature that the firmware in this drive obviously does not play very well with.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

hybrid disk

SOOOO....then where is the fix??? 8.1.0.6 has been out since july 9th...almost an entire month! i have been waiting VERY patiently for this issue to be fixed without getting on your forums and complaining, and finally after 20 days you guys release a new beta version, 8.1.0.7, which i just downloaded...and guess what? this "changing hybrid disc layer type" problem has not been fixed yet, 20 days later, in a brand new beta version. i just bought the brand new dvd soul surfer today and went to try and make a back-up copy of it and it's been trying to "change the hybrid disc layer type" for the last hour with no luck of course. i am a paying customer and have not been able to use a new beta version sucessfully for 25 days now. either you guys can prorate me some of the money i have paid you, or you come up with a fix for this issue in a more timely manner. take your pick. this internal drive on my new HP computer is the fastest dvd burner that i own. it is such a waste and a total shame that i can't even use it right now with your faulty software. please get on the ball and fix the problem that YOUR software has created. thank you.

Comment

Hi StephenAPSU
                      Please lower your tone in your posts, this is a warning, you will not be given another one just a vacation from the forum.

If you have a problem, I suggest you start your own thread and post as much information as you can about your problem.
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Let's temper the righteous indignation with the fact that only this single model of drive exhibits the problem. I'm sure it will be corected, either by DVDFab or perhapsmore appropriately, new firmware from HP.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

We will try to repro this ASPS.

Comment

I, too, am still experiencing the same problem as others with 8.1.0.7 just like I did with 8.1.0.6 re changing hybrid disc layer, etc. Was hoping that the latest beta version would solve the issue but...not so, maybe next time? Thank you.

Comment

Hi All:
                              We want sure that wether everybody happen this issue is using HP (LG) BDDVDRW CH20L driver?
                              Tried 30 DVD discs and severl drivers (LG, Samsung, LITEON), NOT repro.

Comment

Working...
                              X