i7-950 to i7-2600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU i7-950 to i7-2600

I have a i7-950 build. I wonder if I will notice a different using a new build i7-2600k, 2600, or i5-2500k. I do not have knowledge if core 2 q9300 to i7-950 is a big improvement . For a GPU i use GTX 460 768mb & 336 stream processors.

Take a look at this;

Comment

@MERX2006
      Make sure that your SandyBridge sits on Z68 MoBo
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Wait until sandy bridge-E later this year or wait for ivy bridge which will be 22nm (January 2012).
        I don't believe the differce is so imporatnt to buy a hole new pc,m/b,cpu,ram.

Comment

On things that matter in DVDFab, the 2600K is about 30-40% faster. I would call this significant if you encode h264 (using DVD Ripper or BD Ripper) or compress or otherwise re-encode Blu-rays using BD Copy. As noted by Ipopov, the mobo/bios must fully suppport the QuickSync feature to realize these benefits.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

i5-2500K is a good way to go, I couldn't justify the premium on the i7-2600K.

But that's just me..

Comment

Working...
            X