X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fab does not remember

fab does not remember my settings about the output

EVERY restart fab choose as output my dvd drive/burner

"remember gui settings" is checked, and in fab's options i choose the folder as default+dvd5

Try going into common settings and set the default output type. See attached:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Try going into common settings and set the default output type. See attached:
      thank you for reply but...
      ...read my first post

Originally posted by moonie2001 View Post
      i choose the folder as default+dvd5

Comment

DVDFab should remember the setting for output target, even with the "remember GUI" box unchecked (this is how I run it). I have the default output type set as folder and default size as DVD-9. Are you clicking the Finish button before closing it?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Works for me too set to DVD-5

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Are you clicking the Finish button before closing it?

yes sure

when reopen fab, this settings i can see saved in the common settings.
            but in the main gui the putput for dvd and bd is my burner

should i uninstall fab and try a clean install?
            or can i change this in registriy?

EDIT:

in my reg key i found this

"D:\Eigene Dateien\Multimedia\Videos\CloneDVD\"

as default, looks like ok, but every restart the gu show me the burner

Comment

I would remove that and the Elby filter driver, but I don't see how they would have an effect on what DVDFab remembers. These GUI settings used to be written to a config file but I am not sure how it is handled now, it may well have changed. Make sure you are using an account with admin permissions and that DVDFab was installed that way. I will try to get some more information from a guy I know in China
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi moonie2001,

Please update to DVDFab 8.1.0.7 Qt Beta at http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA

then go to Common Settings/ DVD/Blu-ray / Drives (new added feature), just tick your Blu-ray burner drive, then restart DVDFab to see if you can get bd burner as the output in the main gui.

Comment

hi sunny, thank you for reply, but you missunderstood me

i like to set a FOLDER as output, as i changed in my common settings!
                  but every restart dvdfab choose the burner!

i burn NEVER an image direct to disc, i like to test before burn.

this problem exist only on my win 7 x64 laptop, win7 x86 works fine for me

Comment

Moonie,
                    Is this a local or networked drive? Logged in to windows as the same user each time? With admin? I also have 64-bit Win7 and it works OK for me. Sorry you are having trouble with this.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      Moonie,
                      Is this a local or networked drive? Logged in to windows as the same user each time? With admin? I also have 64-bit Win7 and it works OK for me. Sorry you are having trouble with this.
                      You need not apologize nobody... ahhh software is perfect

this is a notebook, 2 user's (my girlfriend and myself) both users with admin r.. UAC is off.

just 1 user is logged in at the same time...

i can't find the culprit.

this is so.......

BTW there is an other problem!

the preview won't work (DVD copy, BD not tested yet)
                      i press play but nothing happens ( i use ISO's via drag&drop if i use to create a dvd5)
                      Last edited by moonie2001; 08-01-2011, 06:11 PM.

Comment

moonie2001 are you using DVDFab's "Write Data" function to burn the DVD? If you are it will open to the drive you last burned to as the destination regardless of the GUI settings.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                          moonie2001 are you using DVDFab's "Write Data" function to burn the DVD? .
                          no i just save the isos to my external (the destination folder is a local one) (first page ypu can see the path)

Comment

Working...
                          X