This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aonther case: DVDFab 6 not working on Win 7

Running Windows 7 Home Prem (32bit). DVD Fab installs OK, accepts key. and launches. But, will not load DVD. Checked logs and it sees the DVD but simply stops when trying to load the DVD. No errors shown. Done the CCleaner thing and Revo uninstall and reinstall with new key several times, no change in behavior. Tried installing and launching as administrator as well as run in XP SP3 and XP sp 2 compatability modes. Running on Dell 8400, w/Pentium 4, 3 gigs of memory. DVD Fab worked fine on this machine under XP SP 3. I'm out of ideas. Any other suggestions, I'd rather not give up on DVDFab.

Attach the log files requested in the Help Us Help You document.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Attach the log files requested in the Help Us Help You document.
      Here is the Internal log. I cant see the VSO Log in the post, but I tried to attach it too.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's the VSO Log. Had to cut it down in size.
        Attached Files

Comment

The internal log indicates that the disc read performance is erratic--it almost worked once, and stalled at different points in some of the other tries. This could be a hardware problem but I think is more likely some other software interfering with DVDFab's access to the drive via SPTI. Do you have a MajicJack USB phone installed? Any other DVD or CD burning software?

I'm not sure if Win7 includes an ASPI driver, but try selecting ASPI as the I/O control mode in DVDFab Common Settings->DVD/Blu-ray->Read (top of page) and post the results.

Does it do this with other Source discs as well?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            The internal log indicates that the disc read performance is erratic--it almost worked once, and stalled at different points in some of the other tries. This could be a hardware problem but I think is more likely some other software interfering with DVDFab's access to the drive via SPTI. Do you have a MajicJack USB phone installed? Any other DVD or CD burning software?

I'm not sure if Win7 includes an ASPI driver, but try selecting ASPI as the I/O control mode in DVDFab Common Settings->DVD/Blu-ray->Read (top of page) and post the results.

Does it do this with other Source discs as well?
            Thanks. Tried ASPI, no joy. Have DCloner loaded, but tried with it removed, no change.

Also have Nero 9, DVD Decrypter, DVC Shrink, ImgBurn, DVD Maker (Win 7). Behavior is same for all DVDs I've tried, several.

Comment

Update: Just tried rebooting using MSConfig to turn off all non MS services and to suppress all startup programs. Couldn't even get the Blue loading box.

Comment

Working...
              X