This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BDMV-REC is working on my PC

Im using a laptop blu ray player with nero kwick and a BD-RE bacupk as a BDMV-REC format and it IS PLAYING on my pc. Is that suppose to be?

Not sure I connect the dots here...
    You're inserting previously burned BD media into your laptop (? BD-ROM or BD burner) and nero kwik plays it and you're asking if this is normal behavior?

You can disable autoplay for this drive or you can try to configure nero to prevent this...this may be a huge can of worms.
    I'm not familiar with kwik.

Additionally, does this relate directly to Fab or did I miss something?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I am also confused. Are you asking if Nero Kwick should be playing a BDMV-REC disc? If so, I have no idea, since I don't know what Kwick is or is supposed to do. If it will play a commercial pressed, AACS-encrypted Blu-ray, then yes, it should play the BDMV-REC disc also. If it is a non-decrypting player, then no, I would not expect it to play an encrypted disc. Unless you have a Cinavia-enabled player, you don't need to make BDMV-REC discs anyway. ??
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Kwik Nero Media is a Media player from Nero 10 HD which supports the playback of blu ray discs. Now I used a BD-RE to burn a BDMV-REC (Cinavia protected) throught DVD FAB v8112; to my suprise it was playing perfectly fine on my notebook blu ray drive.
        It states BDMV-REC does not support playing on PC blu ray player.
        Is this normal behaviour or did I do something wrong?
        Last edited by JSJaykay00; 08-11-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Your statement:
          "It states BDMV-REC does not support playing on PC blu ray player."

To what does It refer?....Kwik?, Fab?
          Is your burner a LiteOn?

Firstly, I never burn BDs...just watch 'em via media players off hdds so I have no hands on experience with this.

No, I don't believe you did anything wrong.

Cinavia protection requires
          "two parts to work: a propriety of imperceptible audio water mark and the hardware that can detected the water mark."

As we stated, we know nothing of Kwik. Apparently this software player supports BDMV-REC playback...
          or you have discovered a new, cutting edge use for Kwik...

I would visit nero Kwik support/forum for additional info about Kwik and BDMV-REC
          Last edited by maineman; 08-11-2011, 11:47 AM.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Cool, my Desktop blu ray player is pioneer 205 model and my laptop pc player is HP? I guess Nero Kwik Media blu ray play back SUPPORTS BDVM-REC

Comment

Originally posted by JSJaykay00 View Post
              Cool, my Desktop blu ray player is pioneer 205 model and my laptop pc player is HP? I guess Nero Kwik Media blu ray play back SUPPORTS BDVM-REC

It if ain't broke, don't fix it!

Comment

Working...
              X