Disabling GPU drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU Disabling GPU drivers

I'm getting an hour glass when trying to open DVDFab and then it disappers. The process is shown in task manager for about a minute then it disappears. The program is obviously crashing. I checked the internal log file in the dvd fab folder in my documents. It just shows the program started, and doesn't display anything useful. I found this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=13633 and tried putting the registry key in. As per another thread, I tried uninstalling it, deleting the dvd fab .pf files out of windows prefetch directory, used ccleaner to delete the registry entries, and reinstalled. Same problem. After adding the registry key to the registry and installing dvdfab over the top of itself, I wasn't able to get the option to disable the gpu drivers or whatever. I was wondering if there was a registry key or something to disable loading gpu drivers. I remember, awhile back, installing the newest available nvidia drivers for my card. Then some time passed before using dvd fab again. It was running fine before I updated the drivers, and now it's not working. I think the new drivers I installed have something to do with it. So is there a registry key or something I can create to disable loading the gpu drivers to see about getting dvdfab to work? The version I'm using is 8.0.98 and it is the Qt version. My operating system is Win XP SP3. Thanks.
    Last edited by drunkenmidget81; 08-25-2011, 07:43 AM.

Have you tried un-installing the latest video drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
      Have you tried un-installing the latest video drivers?
      Yeah, I tried that. It left me with no drivers. I was pretty sure windows had a built in driver for my video card, but after I uninistalled the nvidia drivers from the device manager, windows didn't pick up the card and install drivers for it. So, I redownloaded and installed the drivers from nvidia's site. Unless I reformat and reinstall, I don't know how to get the Microsoft drivers back. I put in the windows xp cd and ran a driver search on the cd and nothing was found. I was pretty sure that upon installation Windows XP had drivers for my card, but I couldn't find any drivers for it on the xp cd. I dunno. Anyhow, my dvd fab is borked, and I like the program so I'm stuck about what to do. Next month I'm going to buy a new USB hard drive so I'll be able to back up all my movies and such to it, and then I'll probably reformat and reinstall. I guess that's the only way I'm going to sort this.

Comment

Have you tried a newer version of DVDFab?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

While the drivers were un-installed did you try DVDFab?

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Have you tried a newer version of DVDFab?
            Yes, I tried 8.1.1.2 or whatever the newest one is. I downloaded it off the dvd fab website. Same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
              While the drivers were un-installed did you try DVDFab?
              Yes, I tried it while the drivers were uninstalled. The screen went black for a second, came back, and a windows program crashed error with a 'send report' option came up. I told it not to send report. Anyways, yeah. I tried it without the video drivers installed. Didn't work then, and it doesn't work with them installed.

Comment

Please allow it to send the report if it is the DVDFab crash report form.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X