Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple episodes DVD ripper

Hi,

I am not sure if this is already discussed else where. If so, sorry in advance.

I have a similar problem with TV series. I have the entire shoebox of Married with Children and running the episodes on DVD just drains my laptop battery. And this is not my only series. To remedy this, I am ripping them to MP4 to run on my HDD.

This ripping takes an annoying long time, due to the 'analysing title' every time I select a title to rip and insert a DVD. Please turn this 'analysing' off or please tell me how to disable this.

I would also be very nice if I could set a threshold for DVDfab so that automatically all titles are selected then a title length exceeds this threshold. Selecting titles would go automatically then.

Thirdly It would be nice if I can make a batch file so that I only need to insert the DVD and DVDfab does the rest, based on the preferences in the batch file.

Lastly I need to close the M$ media player every time I insert a DVD. If DVDfab is 'active', can other programs be suppressed when a DVD is inserted?

I know it's a long list, but I would like to see that I have bought this program for a good reason.

Some of the things you want can already be done with DVDFab. To suppress WMP, you will need to either turn off autoplay in windows or remove the file association for the player, which you can do in the autoplay settings or possibly in the settings for media player. To do an entire disc of TV episodes, just put a checkmark in each title box for the episodes and set them up using the Edit screen, DVDFab will convert them all, one after the other, in batch mode.

You can also use a batch file, see the posts about it in the Knowledge Base part of the forum.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

Everytime I set a checkbox, DVDfab must "analyse title" first before I can do anything else.

I cannot seem to disable the "analysing title" part. How do I do that?
      Setting the checkboxes is not the problem, the waiting is.

Comment

Analyse This!

Why does DVD ripper need to analyse every single title?
        Can this be skipped?

It is still very irritating to have to wait every title when I select which titles to rip.

Comment

Working...
        X