Upgrade Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Issues

While I have been successful in configuring the upgrade so that it is now working. But I am not entirely happy with it, as there are too many unanswered questions.

So I will ask one more question, in the hopes of obtaining a workable plan for going forward. I am quite happy with the version of DVDFab that I obtained and licensed in March or April of this year. If I buy new license keys for later versions, can those keys be used with the old version that I am using? My current license to the Blu-ray ripper will expire in 2013, as I just purchased a 2-year license for it.

If I cannot buy new license keys to work with the old version, when the time comes to buy a new license, then I will have to reconsider all my options. And frankly, I am not looking forward to that chore.

Hi pawnslinger
    I am not sure what version you have and would like to continue using but, you can find older versions of Fab in the link in my signature.
    You can always use older versions of Fab even after updating in the future and getting new keys, just make sure that you do not delete that version or you can find them in the link, you will not be able to download Beta versions though, so if that is what you have and want to use save the installer somewhere or someone here may be able to send it to you in a zip file.
    Hope this helped
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I am using 8.0.5 (I think), whatever the version that was actively sold back in March. I still have all the files, including the downloaded installer. And it is working well for me.

Comment

Still need to find out why the new ones don't, you will need a new one some day for new protection on a movie. I will ask the QA Team Leader to check this thread and contact you.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Dear me! If we get into this, I am likely to be banned again.

The new versions had a problem, where the video was very laggy, but the audio played fine. We discussed my configuration and it was suggested that I disable one of the programs that I have loaded (permanently). I disliked that suggestion. I got banned for three days for discussing it. So let's just leave it alone.

The old version works fine. I discovered why the new version wasn't working, it had nothing to do with my configuration. I do not wish to discuss it further. Let us just say that I will be staying on the old version, but at some point, when my license expires, I would like to buy a new key that I can use with my old version.

And there will not be any need to worry about things going out of date. That is taken care of by other programs. The main purpose to which I use DVDFab is video conversion. And I like it very much. Frankly, I have tried lots of products and nothing compares, in my opinion, with DVDFab for video conversion. At the time I discovered DVDFab, I had just purchased an iPad, and was looking for software to convert my rips to a format that can be played on the iPad. I purchased a lot of different titles, before finding DVDFab. DVDFab converts files/vobs/etc to iPad format extremely easily. For years I have been using other programs for ripping duties. No need to mention them, but as I am happy with DVDFab for what it does, I am happy with the ripping software I am used to using.

Comment

No, I don't think so. The point is, the two can coexist, I have both on two machines, XP SP3 (retired) and Win7 64.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              No, I don't think so. The point is, the two can coexist, I have both on two machines, XP SP3 (retired) and Win7 64.
              I am afraid that I have lost the thread of this... I don't understand what you mean? Which two can coexist? Two versions of DVDFab? Yes, I am aware of that, at the moment I have 2 versions loaded on my PC, both are working... now, after much heartache. My problem stems from the interaction of DVDFab with other things in my system. It is hard to be more specific. But the old version does not have any of these issues.

Comment

Working...
              X