Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with ripping BD 2D & 3D

Hi,

Im new to working with movie disks, and new to dvdfab. I downloaded 8.1.1.2 not long ago, grabbed a bunch of my movies of the shelf and started playing around.

To convert MKV and M2TS to Bluray I tried AVCHDCoder and MultiAVCHD. These are the only two that even remotely work. I tried many others like Xilisoft but they were useless.

With Bluray movies I encountered the following anomalies with DVD Fab. All of the following were ripped to mkv. I tried various profiles, and did not tweak any settings.

(1). when I ripped I am legend the audio track somehow got munged. No software that I can find, free or trial is able to read the audio from the MKV that DVDFab created, yet it plays fine with PowerDVD. VLC won't play it with audio.

(2). Shawshank redemption ripped ok, and plays ok with VLC and PowerDVD, but when attempting to convert it back to Bluray the resulting file is only 30MiB, and contains no actual movie content.

(3). Redisent Evil Afterlife was an experiment to see if I could backup a 3D movie. Apparently not. Am I right in saying that DVDFab cannot yet backup 3D movies, only rip them to SBS? I also tried Pirahna 3D but the resulting SBS output had a really bad shudder.

(4). Four Holidays appears to be ok until tsMuxer tried to work its magic, at which time it crashes saying that important files are missing

(5). Armored.. The audio is miles out of sync. Like 30 seconds or so.

You get the gist. Of 10 movies I tried 6 had problems with the MKV files that DVDFab created. If I convert them to M2TS the results were similar.

Then I tried to do some copying from BD 25/50 to BD25. Of everything I tried, only Ghosts of Girlfriends past, which was only 19Gib anyway, worked.

The system is an I5-2500K, 8gb 1600mhz DDR3, Z68X-UD3R, OCZ Vertex 3 120gb Boot, 1TB Seagate Sata 3 work drive. Windows 7 ultimate x64.

The system runs lean. No unwanted services, no bloat-ware, like Nero.

I Uninstalled 8.1.1.2 and installed 8.1.2.0 from the dvdfab site and the results are the same.

Can anyone [nicely] point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Tanya
    Last edited by Yanta; 09-28-2011, 07:45 AM.

You are giving us both too much and not enough information to be able to help you. What other software you have tried and their results are not really relevant to what is happening with DVDFab.

Please tell us clearly what your goal is (backup a disc, convert a disc etc.) and which DVDFab module you tried to use. For a specific problem, attach the dvdfab_internal.log file. It is a text file you can open with Notepad and select the entry that relates to the task you are asking about. The most recent entries are near the end of the file. You can copy and paste into the post editing window or attach the file to the post.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      You are giving us both too much and not enough information to be able to help you. What other software you have tried and their results are not really relevant to what is happening with DVDFab.

Please tell us clearly what your goal is (backup a disc, convert a disc etc.) and which DVDFab module you tried to use. For a specific problem, attach the dvdfab_internal.log file. It is a text file you can open with Notepad and select the entry that relates to the task you are asking about. The most recent entries are near the end of the file. You can copy and paste into the post editing window or attach the file to the post.
      Thanks for your reply.

The goal is to be able to back up my Bluray collection AND convert them. My feeling is that DVDFab is not creating files/containers that other programs can read, and since DVDFAB can't create the Bluray disks....

I mentioned the other programs because the point I was trying to make that I couldn't get DVDFAb to create a file/container that worked with anything else.

I cleaned up when I had problems so I'll have to start all over again coz I don't have the log files and such any more. I also reinstalled windows in case that might have been contributing.

So I'll come back in a few days or so when I've recreated all of the problems.

thanks

Comment

DVDFab's BD Copy module can make BDMV or AVCHD files/folders on your hard drive or burn them to disc. Post some more data when you get it all going again. We will probably need for you to install MediaInfo if you do not already have it, to provide analysis of some of the files you have a problem with. If only some players reject them, it may be the audio stream that is preventing playback.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X