Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Frame Resolution

Hi

Please can someone help clarify the way frame resolution works.
    I cannot seem to find much info in the manual.

For example this PAL DVD.

VG_VS_FG: Title(20), Play Time(01:24:28)
    Original Frame Resolution (1024 x 576)
    Original Aspect Ratio (1.78:1)
    Cropped Aspect Ratio (1.78:1)
    Source Zoom: 51%
    Output Zoom: 80%
    Output Size: 690 x 388

As you can see the original frame resolution shows as 1024 x 576 BUT DVDFAB automatically sets the output to 690 x 388

So my question is, do I accept the default 690 x 388 or should I be changing the output size to match the 1024 x 576 of the original frame resolution.

Thanks

tokyojay

Hi,

You should select 690x388, it's cropped and keep the video Aspect Ratio.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

It depends on your playback device. For viewing on a cellphone/tablet or similar small screen device, 690x388 is probably more than adequate.
      Originally posted by tokyojay View Post
      Hi

.............edited................
      So my question is, do I accept the default 690 x 388 or should I be changing the output size to match the 1024 x 576 of the original frame resolution.

Thanks

tokyojay
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the replies..

The resolution is for a DVD rip to MP4 but I was trying to understand why the output size was different from the original frame resolution so I was not sure if I was to set the output to 1024 x 576 to match the original or as you have stated, to leave it set to 690x388

Thanks for your help

Tokyojay

Comment

The 1024 x 576 is listed because it is "Anamorphic" which you can do your own research on. Google is your friend.

DVD res for the actual display is usually around the 720 x XXX mark.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X