ASUS DRW-24B1ST drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware ASUS DRW-24B1ST drive

Are there any know issues with using an ASUS DRW-24B1ST drive?
    I can't get DVD decryptor to work with it. The only way I can even get it to recognize there is a disc in the drive is to put the disc in first and then select to open with DVD Decryptor from the popup menu. Then it just goes into a continuous scan loop and never is able to read the disc. This happens one every disc I have tried. If I start the program first it never recognizes there is a disc in the drive.

The program works fine on my laptop, but I can't get it to work on my desktop at all. I have version 8.1.3.6 installed. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 if that matters.

So nothing? I just have to accept that the program doesn't work for me?

Comment

Post the DVDFab internal log session from one of these failed attempts. Do you mean you are using DVDFab HD Decrypter (the free version of DVDFab) or the older program called DVDDecrypter? You may have to accept that the program does not work on your system with your hardware, but it is impossible to say without more information. It works fine for me and most others.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi truckmann
        If you have any on the fly decrypters working in the back ground make sure to turn them off, along with any auto play programs that start up when a disc is inserted into your drive.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to get some additional information soon. I just haven't had any time to sit at the computer I'm the having problems with. To answer one question, yes I am just using the free version DVDFab HD Decrypter.

Comment

Finally got time to sit down with this thing again. It's not writing anything to the log file. If I put the disc in first and then open dvd decryptor or tell it to run with dvd decryptor with the autostart options it opens the program and says scanning media, please wait in the source box and the Open DVD Source window comes up with the progress bar cycling and that's as far as it gets. It never reads the disc (doesn't matter what disc) and I have to crash the program to get to stop. I've tried everything I can find to do. Uninstall, clean registry, reinstall. The program will just not read a disc on this computer.

I even ruined my previous disc drive because of this problem. I tried to update the firmware of the drive needlessly and it killed the drive. Now I have a new drive and it still doesn't work.

I don't have any on the fly decryptors installed.

Comment

Working...
            X