Running in TaskMgr but no interface displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running in TaskMgr but no interface displayed

I've been running DVDFab for many years and I love it but I can't figure out what's going on with this 8Qt version. I've got version 8.0.8.5 still installed and I've been using it but I've downloaded the latest version three times, now, and it goes through the install just fine. When I try to run it, I've only once seen the original splash screen. All the rest of the times that I've tried running it, nothing shows on the screen. The DVD drive spins like it's checking it for a disk but after a few seconds of that, the drive light stops blinking and nothing happens. If I open the Task Manager, it shows that DVDFab.exe is running, once for each time I've tried starting it, but nothing else. It lets me End Task all of them and still nothing shows on the screen.

I tried searching for anyone else having this problem and it seems like I'm the only one.

HELP!!!

Sorry you are having trouble. Install and run DVDFab "As Administrator". Start DVDFab with no discs in any optical drive.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Still no joy

I'm still unable to get any kind of interface window to come up. My user login is an administrator but I logged in as administrator anyway, just to be sure, did a re-install, then tried without a DVD then with a DVD. Each time the DVDFab.exe shows up in the processes list of the Task Manager but no window for the software displays. I'm running XP Pro with all the updates and I'm still able to the the non-"qt" version to work. Anything else I can try?

Thanks, BobW

Comment

You may need the DVDFab player depending on your graphic card, first make sure that your graphic card driver is up-to-date if it is not update it and try again.

If updating the driver for your graphic card doesn't work then try installing the DVDFab player, if you still have problems a clean uninstall and re-install may be required.

SJ

Comment

Video driver fixed it

I thought I had the most up to date video driver but apparently I didn't. I'm now happily able to run the current version of DVDFab! Thank you very much!

Comment

You are more then welcome

SJ

Comment

Working...
            X