This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lifetime purchase

whats guarantee is there that this product will never change hands and/or if this product gets bought out by 3rd party, that Lifetime Keys will be honored by new owners ?

and for Keys purchased above 2 years, what gurantee that the Key will be honored by new owners ?

(there was a couple really good dvd copy programs that was bought out and all Keys were made ineligible. people had to re-buy the product annually.)

There are no true guarantees in life you pay your money and take your chances that the world will not end tomorrow.

Comment

Yep, G...

But on the other hand, I have been using my lifetime subscription for nearly 6 years.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

As another data point the product I bought (DVDFab Platinum) doesn't exist, but they mapped my lifetime license to equivalent components. Similarly, VideoFAB doesn't exist but lifetime subscribers have access to File-to-Mobile which provides the same functionality. Historically DVDFab has been good about carrying through lifetime subscriptions to equivalently functional products. I'm sure enough about the lifetime licensing that I bought a lifetime license for their BluRay stuff even without a BluRay drive 1) to help support the costly BD developments and 2) because in the long run I may actually save money because the price of the software isn't likely to go down.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz945 View Post
          whats guarantee is there that this product will never change hands and/or if this product gets bought out by 3rd party, that Lifetime Keys will be honored by new owners ?

and for Keys purchased above 2 years, what gurantee that the Key will be honored by new owners ?

(there was a couple really good dvd copy programs that was bought out and all Keys were made ineligible. people had to re-buy the product annually.)
          Buying Lifetime purchased of DVDFAB is perhaps what has brought me here the first place.

Years ago, I was hunting for a feature of DVD that I can play on my PC. I found DVDIle. They offer LIFETIME Free upgrade in one of their program...so I purchased it and after about less than 1 year, the program was not supported...because the developer cease to support it. I was upset but on the other hand I knew things does not last forever.

Then, I found that actually, the developer of DVDILE was Fengtao and they had created DVDFAB. Naturally, I contacted them and I told them that I was using one of their DVDILE program, they were kind enough to give me a discount to purchase DVDFAB. Which was did not hesitate to purchased DVDFAB.

So, my point is DVDFAB owners were very truthful in their dealings, they could have not given me any discount but they did, I was very pleased.

Moreover, more importantly, is the continuous support of the program....I know that nothing last for ever, but it is important that it still actively in production and with the creation of Blu Ray, DVDFAB has gone stronger....

What I worry is that DVDFAB do not support DVD anymore....considering that Blu Ray is getting more popular, especially, in the USA. I just hope that DVD will continue to be supported for many years to come.

Thank you
          U can run....but U cannot hide
          "I am the ONE & ONLY....You better remember that!!!"

Comment

my question was aimed at contractual stipulations wherein the "lifetime" or whatever X-amount of years you purchased, is transferrable when owners change hands.

consumers do have rights when its comes to purchases involving a specified time period.
            since i'm entering a contract with dvdfab for "X-years" or "lifetime". both sides have contractual obligations.
            because thats what i'm buying, a "contract"

so i'm just asking if dvdfab added a clause in the agreement to protect its consumers.
            afterall, without us, businesses would not exist.

Comment

Quite honestly, in these days of global business on the web, I think you are being ever hopeful on consumer laws.

As you are located somewhere near Fredricksburg in the US and Fab is based in Beijing, China, what do you think your chances of enforcing a consumer claim would be?

ZERO !!!!

What you must rely on especially in transactions such as purchasing Fab, is the integrity and goodwill of the company you are dealing with and I have no reason to doubt either in around 6 years of dealing with Fab.

NB: We moderators of this forum are volunteers and have NO commercial relationship with Fab.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Read the license agreement that comes with DVDFab, it is the only document with any legal standing in your relationship with the providers. You agreed to it when you installed DVDFab.

Previous customers are treated fairly as purchase options have changed, as the others have said.

Originally posted by buzz945 View Post
                my question was aimed at contractual stipulations wherein the "lifetime" or whatever X-amount of years you purchased, is transferrable when owners change hands.

consumers do have rights when its comes to purchases involving a specified time period.
                since i'm entering a contract with dvdfab for "X-years" or "lifetime". both sides have contractual obligations.
                because thats what i'm buying, a "contract"

so i'm just asking if dvdfab added a clause in the agreement to protect its consumers.
                afterall, without us, businesses would not exist.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Don't spend so much time worrying about it, I saw somewhere recently where the World will end anyway in December 2012.

Comment

Working...
                  X