Vertical distortion on black images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical distortion on black images

I am ripping my DVD's to M2TS files as I basically want a 100% quality rip from DVD but with the movie in a single file, and in a format that my Sony Bravia can render (which is pretty picky).

Quality looks identical to my eyes, but on scenes where it's a totally black background, such as opening or closing titles, I'm seeing some vertical dark coloured lines moving across the screen (which is not on the DVD original). I guess it is possible that it is my Bravia TV that is causing it, but the DVD displays no artifacts on my Bravia.

I'm using a Video Format of h264 with a 2-pass HQ encoding. I've tried different bitrate settings and it didn't seem to fix this issue. Deinterlacing made no difference either, and framerate is 'Source'. I'm not resizing or cropping and DVD's are all PAL.

Hi,

Please not use 2-pass HQ encoding and have a try!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

rjay
      Please try playing the files back on your PC to see if it also displays this problem.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I must admit I don't see the problem when I play the files back on my PC - it's only on the Bravia.

What is the best preset to use, if I want an exact copy of the movie rendered to one file, in AVI or M2TS ?

Comment

Nobody knows the answer ?

Comment

Working...
          X