Can I use DVDFab to convert European Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use DVDFab to convert European Movies

Can I use my DVDFab to convert a movie from European to American and then copy onto a disc?

Yes it will copy, but will not convert PAL to NTSC format. Will your player play the DVD from Europe? Some will and that is your best bet. However there are programs that will convert the format.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Is the issue with the disc's origin and the dvd player? or is it just blind luck if it plays the disc?
      I get a warning screen when I play them on my computer (though my computer just goes ahead and plays the movie anyway), but I get an error on my DVD player about protection error and it won't play at all.

Comment

The problem is the video format is different. Europe uses PAL format and here in the US NTSC is used. DVDFab will not change the video format.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

The issue is with the encoding of the original video, which is PAL format on a eurodisc. DVDFab will produce an output that is playable in any region, and your PC will play PAL video but your standalone DVD player will not.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Would first converting it from PAL to NTSC first then going thru with DVDFab, or the other way around fix the problem?

Comment

Well, first off, you would have to rip the movie to your hdd since you can't physically modify the original disc.
              As 90312 suggested, a dvd player capable of PAL <----> NTSC
              is your simplest and best bet. They're pretty inexpensive

Just google PAL to NTSC and you'll see what's involved.
              You can do it with freeware last I knew, but it's a hassle.

Comment

Working...
              X