Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gift HD Player without CE conformity not allowed to import in Germany!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Gift HD Player without CE conformity not allowed to import in Germany!

Dear all,
    I am somewhat disapointed about the so-called gift HD player.

Some days ago I got a letter, saying that my HD player is in the customs department and I do have to bring a purchase order or something equal with me, if I would like to have this player.
    Yesterday I went to the customs office and they told me, after some research that they made, that I do not get the HD media player as it has no CE conformity declaration visible on the outside of the package. So it is not allowed to import this player into Germany; what a mess.

I wonder if someone in this comunity has made the same experience?

I hope, that DVDFab is going to react on that. Although they say that not all customers will get the gift, it shall be possible to import such player in an European country without problems.

I am looking forward for some posts on that issue.

Thanx.

Hi IroniacFab
    Please contact Sunny Fan sunny@dvdfab.com DVDFab Service Team
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

There is a CE sticker on the back of the unit itself. Thousands of these have been shipped across Asia, North America and Europe with no customs problems that I am aware of. If they still refuse to give it to you, contact Sunny as CBR929 suggested.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for your information.
        I will talk to the guys in the customs dept. this afternoon. I hope, that they are satisfied with your info and that they are going to give me the HD player. I keep you informed about the progress in that issue.

Comment

Sorry for the problem, the master cartons that the factory normally ships have the CE/FCC/CSA markings on the outside but the small boxes used for shipping the gift units do not.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK, here I am again.
            I don't have any chance to get the HD player.

In Germany we have a department called "Bundesnetzagentur". This dept. checks all electronic devices according to their functionality and if they have technical problems etc. The problem with the HD player is not only the missing CE plate on the package, but the power supply adapter for the media player.
            The dept. says, that the cord is dangerous and voltage shock may appear, if the blank or badly insulated power pins would be touched. So at last, I don't get the player because of the badly insulated power supply connector.

I colleague of mine argued that he would have asked the guys at the customs office to hand the HD player out without the power supply adapter, but I assume that this would't work too.

In addition, it doesn't make sense to show the employees at the customs office the invoice paper, fengtao sent to me as an attachment this morning; because they are not impressed either.

Has anybody in Germany made the same experience with this issue? Or, on the other hand, has somebody got the HD player in Germany without any problems and without going to the customs office? I am really interested in that.

Thank you in advance.
            Last edited by IroniacFab; 04-05-2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

New Gift HD Player shall be resent by DvdFab

Update:
              Hello Again.
              Please read below the answer of Sunny @ DvdFab:

<<We deeply apologize for this kind of delay at first. We are currently out of the office on vacation for Tomb-Sweeping Day from Mar. 2, 2012 - Mar. 5, 2012. We have limited access to email while We are away.

Once we got the returned package, we will send out the new one.

Also this power supply adapter issue has been reported to our authorized factory, we will figure out a way.>>
              Let's wait and see what's going on. I will post again, if I have the new player in my hands at home and it works.

Happy Easter Weekend.

Comment

Once again HD Player Import Denied by German &quot;Bundesnetzagentur&quot;

Hello,

Here I am back again. The situation in a nutshell: I don't get the HD player handed out by the customs office!
                The HD player package, DVDFab sent me the second time, has the same technical problems with the power line adapter as in the first delivery. It is not conform to German and/or European security specifications. Due to that fact, it is not allowed to import this "Scrap" into Germany.

When you look on the homepage from DVDFab, you may recognize that the HD player is no longer mentioned as a gift for the "All-In-One-Lifetime" package. Now you get a Amazon voucher about € 20! Surprise, surprise...

Please find attached as a ZIP archive the wording from the Bundesnetzagentur about the player.

Regards
                Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about the problem I will send Sunny a link to the thread.

I think the change to the Lifetime promotion was an economic decision, the players were very popular and have been shipped all over the world. Perhaps they would allow you to have the player if it was shipped without a power adapter, or let you have the player but not the adapter. The letter from the authorities was difficult to translate corrrectly since it was a low-res fax and OCR did not work well.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    Sorry about the problem I will send Sunny a link to the thread.

I think the change to the Lifetime promotion was an economic decision, the players were very popular and have been shipped all over the world. Perhaps they would allow you to have the player if it was shipped without a power adapter, or let you have the player but not the adapter. The letter from the authorities was difficult to translate corrrectly since it was a low-res fax and OCR did not work well.
                    This is exactly what I asked the employee at the customs office. Would it be possible to get the player without the power adapter? He said nope, because of the decision from the agency; either all or nothing. I can't blame on the employees at the customs office. You can't get the player without the power adapter. My question now is, is it possible to load the accumulator with an USB cable? If so, why sending the player still with this faulty power adapter, since it has no CE conformity? Let's see how it ends.
                    P.S. I am already in e-mail contact with Sunny, so she should be aware of all the stuff. However, thank you "signals" for your information.
                    Regards

Comment

Hi IroniacFab,

Please email me at sunny@dvdfab.com. We have been contacting our authorized factory and trying to figure this problem out, sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused you.

Sincerely yours,

--
                      Sunny Fan
                      DVDFab Service Team

Comment

All went well in the very end!

Dear all,

I got it. Some days ago I got my HD MP4/MP3 Media player. Some days earlier I got a package sent with three power adapters. I had to pay around 35 Euro incoming tax for the two packages, which payed DVD Fab support back on my paypal account.

Thanx to Sunny for all her support in the last months.

P.S. Two notes about the power adapters.
                        1. The adapters are working but they are very unsecure
                        2. I was surprised that in the very end, the adapters reached Germany!

But, nevertheless the player works and by the way, I bought a 32 GB SD HC memory and it works perfect.
                        P.P.S. Has anybody made experience with a 64 GB memory chip? Does it work also?
                        Regards

Comment

Glad to hear it. As I often say, Sunny can fix anything.

Comment

Working...
                          X