LucidLogix VIRTU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware LucidLogix VIRTU

DVDFab crashes with the latest release of VIRTU released last week. I'm not sure if this is a DVDFab problem or VIRTU problem. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

I've rolled the VIRTU back to the previous version and everything is fine.

Hi guys, same issue here. Since virtu 1.2.113, DVDFab works no more.
    Please, we're looking forward to a solution soon.
    Thanks.

Comment

Have you checked with LucidLogix? This is obviously their issue.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Same problem to report here, downgraded to 112, works fine.

I emailed Lucid twice - no response whatsoever. One should think DVDFab transcoding is exactly what their CP/driver is useful for. Their only support is in an email address that does not respond And they do state "For customer support or technical questions regarding Lucid Virtu product please contact your motherboard manufacturer directly". So that's about that.

Comment

Hi all:
          Same problem for us, we will check this ASAP.

Comment

This version runs great in Windows 7 64 bit, I love it, people who do not have this are really missing something.
            Attached Files
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Hi guys, I've made a video showing the problem:

http://youtu.be/h6YyPkWP8R0

Actualy, I think it's a problem with Virtu and not with DVDFab, cause everytime I ask windows to turn off the PC, a message about an error with Lucidservices pops up like a fast flash on the screem.
              Now, we have to wait till next virtu version

Comment

Just tried the new VIRTU from the end of last month, same issue.

Comment

I've installed a newer version of virtu (1.2.114) and DVDFab is not working. I'm afraid dvdfab is not compatible with the newer versions of virtu. That is sad

Comment

See if you can temporarily use the version that Chameleon has, it apparently works well.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Write email to support@lucidlogix.com

I suggest everyone write an email to support@lucidlogix.com and complain. If enough people write, perhaps they will fix the bug. Don't expect a reply. I never got any. Just take 1 minute to write

Comment

Well, they did finally reply, and reported they will look into the problem. There is the usual validation cycle, once resolved, but this is good news. Thanks, Lucid!

Comment

Thanks for the update.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

VIRTU not needed...?

There might actually be something DVDFab could do to resolve the problem for good...

In a thread on doom9 I found instructions on how to enable a fake display and potentially eliminate the need for Virtu altogether. These instructions provided by Eric Gur from Intel, on how to enable a fake display "connected" to the Intel GPU, and thus provide QuickSync access, in my case, allowed the LAV Decoder to utilize QuickSync without Virtu enabled, while having the discrete ATI card connected and active.

One should think this might also work for dvdfab, but alas, it does not. It allows dvdfab to see that QuickSync is available, but an attempted transcode just hangs without processing any frames (8.1.8.1 Beta) If there was a way for users, or DVDFab in an update, to work around or fix this, Virtu would not be needed.

Comment

Hi All ... I also logged the problem with Lucid back on the 4th May and hadn't had a response.

It's a pitty as my dvdfab was working awesome for bluray rips with the quicksync/software codec combination I had setup.... now I have to resort to software only to get the same quality but taking double the time. (I'm not going to use CUDA which is the fastest as the H264/mkv output is quite terrible).

Anyway, I tried removing my monitor from my dedicated GTX580 GPU and plugging into my integrated HD3000 video port, to enable quick sync for dvdfab and just having Lucid setup to accelerate my games using the GTX580 .. but for BF3 it was a little buggy and no where near as fast.

So I can confirm like the others above, DVDFab will not even open if LucidLogic Virtu 2012 1.2.113 (April 3rd) or 1.2.114 (April 24th) version releases are installed and configured for DVDFab.exe and Fabcore.exe executables.

DVDFab will still open and work with LucidLogix Virtu version 1.2.112 (Jan 5th) or before.

Hurry Up Lucid!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X