This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum: Post dumping!

OK, that's three longish posts that have dumped themselves. The page just resets it's self to the point before I click on reply.

Any one else have this problem ? does it time out, or is it my end ?

No problems for me so probably on your end

Comment

Need more info. Are you using the simple or WYSIWYG editor? Post Reply button, Quick Reply or New Thread? Any attachments? There are limits on post size but you would never reach them with an appropriate text post, well into the single digit megabytes.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm using the "post reply" button. I am very slow when typing due to a rather annoying neuro disability. Although I have no problems elsewhere. Perhaps I'm hitting a wrong key, or the sticky key facility is causing it.

Not to worry signals, if no one else is having trouble. If it happens again I will type my posts in to word and paste them here.

Comment

do you have to login again when longish post dump themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by voxsmart View Post
            I'm using the "post reply" button. I am very slow when typing due to a rather annoying neuro disability. Although I have no problems elsewhere. Perhaps I'm hitting a wrong key, or the sticky key facility is causing it.

Not to worry signals, if no one else is having trouble. If it happens again I will type my posts in to word and paste them here.
            We will value your input all the more for knowing the effort that goes into it.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by troy512 View Post
              do you have to login again when longish post dump themselves?
              I thought I noticed after being logged in and what seemed a short time of no activity (not posting or browsing the site) that it logged me off automatically but might have been something on my end. something else i can test lol

Comment

When you log in are you clicking on the Remember Me box?

If not the site will log you off after a time of none activity. I can not remember at the moment what the time limit is.

This is a quirk of PHP servers.

Comment

i am a member of a couple other forums. one forum almost always logs me off when i am taking longer to post a reply. however MyCE will always leave me logged in.

the site which logs me off. if i am using the Quick Reply, i lose my post. but if i use the Advanced Reply, click submit, login again and my post is saved.

each site is also a vBulletin forum.
                  Last edited by troy512; 09-18-2009, 01:36 AM.

Comment

I do tick the "remember me" box and it's never logged me off, I may be slow typing, but it is a reasonably continuous progression. What ever I try my post has gone somewhere in to the great blue yonder never to return. I don't have the heart to re type them as trying to reconstruct the same thing from a different flow of thought doesn't seem to quite say it the same.

What I'm doing at the moment is copying the post after a couple of sentences, then if it re sets, I can paste it back in and I haven't lost it, but so far so good, all's been fine.

Signals, I appreciate that comment, thank you.

Thanks to you all for the suggestions and help. I like these forums, there seems to be a great bunch of people here.

Comment

I lost a couple of PMs I was typing yesterday when I clicked submit--the page just never updated and the text was gone when I got back to the PM editor. The page loads were occasionally slow also, may have been my internet. We all need to monitor this.

Comment

signals.
                        About 3 moths ago a site I am a moderator with some andm permissions on switched to vbulletin phop as this is.
                        The growing pains were many. The problems I see here are the same we had. The case of the vanishing text was cured by the owner making a trouble report to the server.
                        *They* are very good about running problems test when requested.
                        Before that I had many post vanish while I was looking at them.

The slow loading and refreshing is a hit and miss thing and at times the site will crash for a few minute for no apparent reason.

This software is loaded with great *tools* for the mods and admin to use to run the site. It will just take a little time to get it all working the way you want it.
                        Once the birthing pains are done and forgotten everyone will be pleased with what they have to work with.

I for one am glad to see Fab make the change.

Comment

One trick I use when creating a post that may take awhile to complete either to size, need to research info, or due to distractions is to type it into a text document before doing a copy and paste into the online editor. This also allows me to use spellchecker and any other tools I may need.

Another is to create the post with part of the information and then edit it.

Comment

Yeah, I have found this also. Halfway through a post and all gone. I reckon it is something to do with timeouts.
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                            X