Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do title names support french characters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do title names support french characters?

Sorry for posting in English - I have only just started to learn French.

I am using DVD Ripper to make MKV files from French DVDs. However, my operating system (Windows 7) is in English.

I try to enter the title names of the files / chapters in French, but DVDFAB doesn't create the name correctly - the french characters are not displayed correctly when I open the file (have tried many apps / devices)

I even tried using DVDFAB in French, but I had the same problem. This is what I did:

Select Editer

Configurer Menu

Type de fichier: mkv

Titre (I type the title name using french characters)

But the mkv file that is created doesn't display the french characters properly. The problem is not the player or the device, because the folder name (as created by Windows 7) displays the french characters correctly.

Surely french users with french operating systems don't have this problem, but it would be ideal if this were possible even on an english O/S.

Any suggestions?

Merci beaucoup a tous,

Scott...

Thread moved.

Do not make English language posts in the French language forum.

Comment

OK - it's just that people in the french forum have the experience required to answer my question - that's why I posted there (apologies included)

This issue is preventing me for purchasing DVDFAB - you really need a pre-sales forum to deal with obstacles that are preventing people from purchasing your product.

Comment

Hi princi,

Sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused you. This is a known issue, our devs will fix it asap. Please give us more time and name movie title as English name for now.

Sincerely,
        --
        Sunny Fan
        sunny@dvdfab.com
        DVDFab Service Team

Comment

Wrong. The DVDFab staff has the experience to answer your question.

You are making a mistake if you allow an issue like this influence a purchase decision. Even though they will try to fix it, you may still have problems if your OS is installed and set for English.

Originally posted by princi View Post
          OK - it's just that people in the french forum have the experience required to answer my question - that's why I posted there (apologies included)

This issue is preventing me for purchasing DVDFAB - you really need a pre-sales forum to deal with obstacles that are preventing people from purchasing your product.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My actual question (even though it is not really clear) is: do french users have this problem as well?

If so, then I may as well give up on DVD Ripper completely - and I think french users are in the best position to answer this question (hence the post in the french forum).

Sorry, but I no longer subscribe to the Pay & Hope model. I don't want to buy something and hope that they fix it soon - much better to wait until they fix it before I decide to buy.

Comment

Any update?

If you ask me, the post should have been left in the french forum where I might have had a chance of a useful reply.

I still want to buy DVDfab, but not until it does what I want - and I don't think I'm asking that much.

If I could get a reply from a user with a french O/S that doesn't have this problem, that would at least be a start.

Comment

No, but you have assurance from the staff that they will work on it if necessary. Send one of the French mods a PM (try Jeep le Rippeur).
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X