Suggestions for replacement HT Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Suggestions for replacement HT Media Player

Ive been a DVDFAB Gold User for many years. My entire library of over 900 DVDs is ripped native to a 8TB network share on a server in my basement. I have been using an older product, the Acoustic Research Mediabridge (DMP3000) to watch the dvds. It also plays mp3s and browses pictures stored on the network as well. I do not own any Blueray and dont plan to (1080P is not worth supporting the draconian encryption and licensing scheme).

One of my Mediabridge devices has stopped working and I need to find a replacement. Im having a hard time locating a product with similar features to replace it. What im looking for is:
    HT Componant form factor (not pc software) with remote control.
    HDMI/DVI out with optical/coax for AC3.
    Network Media Player
    GUI Based Menuing driven by the remote (so wife and kids can use)
    Support for DVD Menus (must interface with native ripped DVDs)
    MP3/DVD(VOB)/Picture display/support

Any suggestions? What do you folks use to watch the content youre ripping with dvdfab?

Thanks,
    -R.

It depends where you live...

I am using a few at the moment but really like my AC Ryan Mini 2 http://www.acryan.com/product/playonhdmini2/ as I have my whole TV and movie library catalogued with YAMJ which gives a full graphical interface (Cover, rating, plot, etc). They also have other models that have internal HDD but under any circumstances, do not look at their VEOLO. It is a real POS...

Small form factor and a variety of connectivity options. But out of the box, it's a bit of a pain in the arse but I have spent a bit of time optimising it and it is now "WOW"!!!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have one of these: but it shows as currently unavailable. You may be able to find one elsewhere. It does everything you wanted I think.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am also interested in a better Media Player. The two listed seem to be discontinued. Amazon lists the Ryan and the seller has 3 available. I cannot find the zinwell but it seems to support torrents which I hate to run on my PC's as I invariable end up with a virus.

What I current have is almost unworkable. Probably because I am storing on line movies in the wrong format and don't really know what I am doing. Maybe someone can make a suggestion.

I have a bunch of ISOs: Bluray and DVD on my file server. None of those show up in the Windows Media Player when added to their Library. Only the DVD player shows up and none of the BluRay players including DVDFab virtual drive.

OK - I can play a blu ray movie on my set top from my PC but it is difficult and I would like to make it easier.

I am running Nero's Media Center 4 which recognized my DVDFab virtual BD player. I mount an ISO - "John Carter" for example, on the virtual drive. That shows up on my LG590 BD player. I select the player "J drive" and work my way down to the stream directory and play 0800.mts or whatever. It plays just fine but it is the narrative. I have to figure out how to select the actual movie which I eventually do but it is cryptic as I have to guess "T2" from the LG menu which I assume is title 2 and that does play.

There has got to be something better then that LG590 player. I find it awkward having to load the ISO into that DVDFab virtual drive. Maybe I should not have used ISOs for saving copies of movies. I would also like to avoid using Nero's HomeMedia but at least it works and the MS Player does not.

Any suggestions are welcome. Maybe I should have started a new thread.

At a minimum I would be happy if after mounting "John Carter" on my DVDFab virtual drive, the set top player can simply play the shared "J-Drive" that has John Carter mounted and the normal DVD type menu shows up where I can select "play" just as if the actual movie was put into the set top player. I dont want to have to dig down thru the steam to a file.
        Last edited by BeemerBiker; 06-28-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Hd media player

1st aois @newegg &amazon
          2nd micca @ micca.com
          3rd wd media. @ amazon

I have older wd media player it plays everything IV thrown at it going to be buying aios tho heard nothing but good things bout it
          ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Working...
          X