Which Product do I Need ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Product do I Need ??

Hi, Just finished my first HTPC. Intel based Win 7/64. with XBMC as a front end.
    Now I want to build my liabrary on an internal 2TB drive. My Library is small consisting of about 50 movies and 20 concert dvd's and a couple of Blu-ray's
    Because of the small size I don't think that I need compression.
    For the concerts I would like to maintain full menu functionality and the best in audio and video quality,Does that mean that I need .iso files??
    For the movies I'm fine with just the main movie part, .mkv I think??

As you can tell I'm new to this so please excuse my ignorance

So which product do I need to get ?
    DVDFab Ripper ?
    DVDFab Copy ?
    DVDFab encoder?
    Is there one product that will do everthing for me??
    Thanks...

For original quality (video and audio) on DVD and Blu-ray you would need DVD Copy and Blu-ray Copy. You can store these as ISOs if you want to, but writing them as VIDEO_TS or BDMV folders also works. Can't see why you would want to make MKVs at all if you want no compression, but you would need the Ripper modules if you do.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks signals.
      1) So DVD Copy will do .iso or VIDEO_TS but will not do .mkv ?

2) And DVD Ripper will do .mkv but will not do .iso or VIDEO_TS ?

3) What about DVD encoder will it rip? or does it just change containers ?

Comment

Originally posted by rtate View Post
        Thanks signals.
        1) So DVD Copy will do .iso or VIDEO_TS but will not do .mkv ? CORRECT! Nor does it do Blu-rays. Blu-ray Copy would be needed for that.

2) And DVD Ripper will do .mkv but will not do .iso or VIDEO_TS ? CORRECT!

3) What about DVD encoder will it rip? or does it just change containers ?
        I think you have Video Converter confused with "encoder". It is handy but is mainly for format conversions and it does not decrypt (or even read) the original discs.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK, I think I'm gettin the hang of this..

So What about "HD decrypter"?
          I think it will do standard dvd and blu-ray to .mkv
          Will it do VIDEO_TS for standard dvd's

Comment

HD Decrypter is the FREE version and will also do folders or ISO. The drawback is that it may not be able to decrypt NEW releases immediately but usually take 60-90 days for new copy protection schema to be incorporated.

Once the 30 day trial tuns into the FREE version, it will also not burn or compress.

Why don't you use the 30 day trial to work out your needs? It is fully featured and operational.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              HD Decrypter is the FREE version and will also do folders or ISO. The drawback is that it may not be able to decrypt NEW releases immediately but usually take 60-90 days for new copy protection schema to be incorporated.

Once the 30 day trial tuns into the FREE version, it will also not burn or compress.

Why don't you use the 30 day trial to work out your needs? It is fully featured and operational.
              Excellent advice
              @ rtate
              You may find out that as your movie collection grows a little more, unless you shrink these files down that 2TB drive will fill up fast.
              Last edited by CBR929; 09-08-2012, 03:14 AM.
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
              X