Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to detect & choose the best cell in.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other How to detect & choose the best cell in.......

I really need some help in this area. I got a "WOW" price on a Verbatim DVD+R DL cake box. I am using Imgburn v.2.5.7.0 I have attached a pic of the box where I get "lost". I think I can learn how to find the best layer break position if some on could pick the best one and tell me "why" also for me what would be I looking for "the best" choice. TIA
    Attached Files

Criteria one is to get as close to 50/50 as possible and as you also have green dots, a perfect place is to select the layer break between two video title sets. Such as VTS_05 and VTS_06. So select the row VTS_06_0.IFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
      Criteria one is to get as close to 50/50 as possible and as you also have green dots, a perfect place is to select the layer break between two video title sets. Such as VTS_05 and VTS_06. So select the row VTS_06_0.IFO.
      Thanks for the info, I think I understand now but I get this too:

I 04:16:48 Optimal L0 Data Zone Method: IFO Cell Boundary, 'SPLIP' Flag Not Set
      How do I fix this? TIA

Comment

If you select a green star - the layer break (SPLIP) is not between two cells, it's between two video title sets.

You should see a row like this after the build in ImgBurn

I 13:11:19 Using Layer Break LBA: 1870384 (VTS_05_0.IFO)

There is also the option to use seamless layer break and most players supports that, the normal delay when the player switches layer shouldn't show up.

'SPLIP' Flag Not Set
        Explained here. in post #14.

Last edited by Gummigutta; 09-15-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Can someone tell me what IMGburn is and what benefit there is to using this? I burn my discs straight from DVD FAB without issue.

Comment

Originally posted by slickwilly6977 View Post
            Can someone tell me what IMGburn is and what benefit there is to using this? I burn my discs straight from DVD FAB without issue.
            ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit... and it's free!

The benefit is that you can specify exactly where you want the layer break to occur when you backup on DVD DL discs and also make the transition between the layers to be seam less.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
              If you select a green star - the layer break (SPLIP) is not between two cells, it's between two video title sets.

You should see a row like this after the build in ImgBurn

I 13:11:19 Using Layer Break LBA: 1870384 (VTS_05_0.IFO)

There is also the option to use seamless layer break and most players supports that, the normal delay when the player switches layer shouldn't show up.

Explained here. in post #14.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/f106/splip-71939.html
              Thank you!!

Comment

For longer movies and Full Disc copies you can tell DVDFab (in Settings) not to remove the layer break information from the original disc. This will often provide a more highly rated choice in ImgBurn.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. I have been reluctant to change anything with my burns. DL have been ok so I guess I wasn't thinking that I needed to change anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X