No announcement yet.

Sorry for dumb questions but......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Media Sorry for dumb questions but......

I've noted that a good DVD+R DL burn would be @ 2.4x write speed. Now 98% of the time I buy Verbatim brand with AZO feature and can burn @ 8x. Now since Verbatim is the Lexus of the blank media, would it be safe to burn up to 8x (if my burner supports those speeds)? TIA.

Verbatim makes two different "models" of +R-DL DVD blanks, make sure you have the correct ones for the higher speeds. If your burner firmware supports it, you should try a few at the higher speed to see how they play back. I always burn the high speed ("8X-10X") ones at 6X, they produced better quality scans at that speed than any other (better than 4X or 2.4X).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Verbatim makes two different "models" of +R-DL DVD blanks, make sure you have the correct ones for the higher speeds. If your burner firmware supports it, you should try a few at the higher speed to see how they play back. I always burn the high speed ("8X-10X") ones at 6X, they produced better quality scans at that speed than any other (better than 4X or 2.4X).
      Thnaks! mine clearly states "8x speed" and yes my burner supports "6x speed". Thanks again, I'm gonna try "6x speed".

Comment

Originally posted by forest.lawn View Post
        Thnaks! mine clearly states "8x speed" and yes my burner supports "6x speed". Thanks again, I'm gonna try "6x speed".
        P.S. could you post the model # of the verbatim you use please? Mine is Verbatim #96542.

Comment

Originally posted by forest.lawn View Post
          P.S. could you post the model # of the verbatim you use please? Mine is Verbatim #96542.
          Hi forest.lawn
          Mine are the same as yours and have no problem burning at 8X.
          The 2.4X Verbatim +R DL are rated up to 6X.

CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
          X