Backing Up a Blu-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backing Up a Blu-Ray

I'm trying to back up Resident Evil Afterlife and understand that it has the Cinavia technology. My question is when I open the dvdfab blu-ray copy it has a box for me to check if I want to create a protected disc for the PS3. I have a PS3 with a firmware of 4.20 so from my understanding this back up will not play in my PS3, but if I buy a cheap no name brand blu ray player this should work. So is that check box only if I'm using this disc on a PS3? If I'm playing this back up on my no name player do I still need to check that box?

Would the new update allow me to play back ups on my PS3 firmware 4.20?

Comment

Any firmware above 4.10 will not play your backups on PS3! Any blu-ray player made as of Feb.2012 all have the infection, except the Dynex model sold by Best Buy!, but some older models have it also!

You should check into Media Players, none are infected and are just as cheap as blu-ray players!, and you don't have to burn disc anymore or get up to change to another movie!

Comment

Do I need to check that box if I'm not using my PS3 to play back my back up? Will the back up work on a different blu ray player?

Can't we just downgrade our PS3 to 3.55?

Comment

Do not check the box, there is no point in it. Find a cheap Blu-ray player made in China with no known name brand (still no guarantee it will not have the Cinavia infection). I don't think downgrading the firmware is possible, I do not have one.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm just going to downgrade my PS3 to 3.55

Comment

Good luck, hope you don't brick it.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

People have done it before, with the same firmware as mine. 4.20 to 3.55

Seems pretty straight forward.

Comment

I wasn't able to downgrade, I believe I would need some eflasher.

Does anyone know of any good blu-ray players to buy?

Comment

Working...
                  X