Problem with PowerDVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with PowerDVD?

If I try to start DVDFab, it kickstarts PowerDVD 12 and DVDFab window doesn't open (or is unavailable).

Moved
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Are you starting DVDFab with a disc in the optical drive? Windows autoplay may be starting PowerDVD, turn it off in Control Panel.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Are you starting DVDFab with a disc in the optical drive? Windows autoplay may be starting PowerDVD, turn it off in Control Panel.
        No, from shortcut on desktop.

Comment

Hi studio3d
          What my friend is asking you to do is to disable all auto play features in windows through control panel.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Disabling AutoPlay didn't make any difference.

I believe AutoPlay is activated when you insert the Blu Ray. I had already tried rebooting with the disk already in, and PowerDVD did not activate UNTIL DVDFab was started...

To recap: (with PowerDVD autoplay off or on)
            When I start DVDFab, it asks for region, I check A, a little window at bottom says scanning disk, then I hear a "ding" and PowerDVD pops up (even after I'd ended all PowerDVD processes in Windows Task Manager). DVDFabPasskey.exe shows in Task Manager, but no window is open.

Comment

Hi studio3d
              Please disable Passkey on the lower right corner of your screen by right clicking in custom notifications and click exit, as it is not needed when running Fab.
              CBR929

Comment

OK, I guess I'm lost. How do I "run the program" as shown on this page?

Comment

Hi studio3d
                  I guess I'm getting confused too...
                  Are you using DVD Fab DVD Copy along with DVD Fab Passkey???

Passkey is an on the fly decrypter
                  DVD Fab DVD Copy also has a decrypter
                  Even though they are both are made by DVD Fab they should not be run together.

Having more than one decrypter running at the same time is not good, they will both be fighting to open the disc.
                  CBR929

Comment

Studio3d,

I had the same problem with Power DVD10, couldn't stop it for nothing! I finally got fead up and removed the whole suite from my PC! That is a nightmare too! It want let you remove everything!

Then CBR929 (thanks CB) turn me on to Revo Uninstaller and it can remove anything! I didn't have to pay for it, it came with one of my parts I bought! I got to where I hated it poping up all the time!(Power DVD 10)

Thats what I did, but "I'm" happy now! If you find a way sure would like to know how you stopped it!

Comment

Only thing I know to try is go into control panel then click Hardware and Sound then click Auto Play (second from the top) and set everything in the list to "take no action". Works for me but I'm not running PowerDVD.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X