Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

server problem or windows update problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

server problem or windows update problem?

I updated 4 computers yesterday (about 20 m$oft updates each) and just a few minutes ago discovered that dvdfab 8.2.x.x are no longer working. "Unknown error message" and requesting to download latest. Failed on 8.2.2.0 also.

Error message from log is ---

0m 25.04s: mk exception <b>Error:</b>Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)<br /><b>Errno:</b>2003<br /><b>SQL:</b>:
    0m 25.05s: failed to open 306

The only SQL server I am running is the "free" one that comes with Visual Studio and it only runs when VS is running (maybe). Anyway, can I assume your server is down? I can always restore my systems to the time before the updates were installed but that is a PITA.

Fixed itself

Just tried again and all is OK. Must have been a temporary problem at your end

Comment

Unknown error - check for new version

I'm getting it too. Difference is that I cannot get the error to go away. I'm getting the unable to access MySQL error message in the log too. I don't have MySQL on my machine.

Comment

It's a server problem. They are taking steps to improve it, in the meantime, if you get the error, try it again later.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X