This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 9 v DVDFab 8 - Why?????

Having used previous versions for a number of years now, it looks to me that Version 9 is a step back rather than a development.

Functionality that seems to be missing that was in previous versions and annoyances are as follows:-

1. You cannot save your own profile as "Set as Default"
    2. Certain profiles (iPad profiles in DVD Ripper) will not let you set the Video Bitrate above 3100 kbps (Bug?)
    3. No access to File Transfer Settings.
    4. Cannot change the UI to remove unwanted profiles.
    5. There is a lack of profiles for 3D Blu-Ray Ripping - No Default MP4 (Side by Side)
    6. When Ripping a 3D Blu-Ray - Why is there a DVDFab Logo embedded in the top left of the outputted video file????

Apart from the ability to "Apply to All" and the change to the "Look" of the program there has been little or no development.

I will be reverting back to using Version 8.

Thanks for the insight

I was about to ask what the differences were. They both seem to be updates, historically, but one is 8, and one is 9.

I've been updating with 8. But 9 is larger, and I have All-in-One so....

Any help on which update to install?

Comment

Install both.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Still more questions....

Your answer doesn't take into account the first question, and I don't want to remove anything that I'm already fine with in v 8

I missed 2 previous updates to this last one, do I need to install those first or just take the latest?

Is there a way to be notified of new versions?

Thanks

Comment

The latest release has all previous elements.

Albert Einstein

Comment

There will be new features in v9 that will never be in v8, in fact there already is at least one.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Previous Elements?????

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              The latest release has all previous elements.
              So..... Where is the Function to Rip a 3D Blu-Ray into a Default MP4 Format?Where is the function to De-activate the File Transfer setting? Where is the Function to customise the UI?

If Version 9 "has all previous elements" - Where are these, 'cos I can't find them???

Regards

Comment

This is an example of what happens when a thread is hijacked. Two people asking different questions in the same thread. If either of you still have questions start a new thread I'm closing this one.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X