Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"DVDFab has encountered a problem" on all start up

Hi there!

I love DVDFab, and have been using the software for a long time. For the last couple of days the software is not starting, instead I get a message "DVDFab has encountered a problem and needs to close" along with the form to report it to the company.

I am unsure how to troubleshoot this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and it keeps happening. I have 8.2.2.0.

Please advise !!!!

Are you installing as administrator?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi rawtoast
      Along with my friends advice, try cleaning the registry with CCleaner until nothing is found and then reinstall Fab.
      Hope this helps
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for your replies! I have installed as administrator and I just used CCleaner - no luck!

What should I do?

DVDFab has been rock solid for years for me? What happened?

Comment

Just so I got this right you uninstall DVDFab then run Ccleaner on the registry until it finds no errors then reinstall DVDFab from a freshly downloaded installer right?
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi

I am having the same problem. I had DVDFab 8 and could not get it to work either. I clean the registry with ccleaner until no issues are found. I have downloaded the latest 9.0.1.5 version from the site. I am installing as administrator. Immediately upon opening DVDFab I get a message that it has stopped working. It says "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program" I have uninstalled all versions of DVDFab and rebooted after and still I cannot get the program to run. Please help!
            Thanks!

Comment

Hi, if your graphics is Nvidia, please update it.
              If still have problem please post your internal.log.

Comment

I have ATI Radeon 3000 graphics. Here is my internal.log.

DVDFab 9.0.1.5 (2012/12/09 18:15:58)

DVDFab 9.0.1.5 (2012/12/09 18:21:58)

DVDFab 9.0.1.5 (2012/12/09 18:24:55)

DVDFab 9.0.1.5 (2012/12/10 04:03:07)

Comment

I fixed it.

I have ATI Catalyst version 12.6. I was getting a kdbsync.exe has stopped working when I logged in each time. I found the following and followed it:

Uninstalling the "AMD APP SDK Runtime" component resolved this issue for me.

Here are the steps I took:

Open Control Panel>Programs and features
                  Click on AMD Calayst Install Manager then click Change
                  Click Next on the welcome screen
                  Click Uninstall Manager then click Next
                  Click Custom then Next
                  Check box next to AMD APP SDK Runtime then click Next
                  Click Finish

Comment

DVDFab 9 has encountered A problem

I am still aving this problem & i can`t seen to FIGURE it out please help me.

Comment

Originally posted by stratbear View Post
                      I am still aving this problem & i can`t seen to FIGURE it out please help me.
                      Supply more information. Post the internal log if there is one. Update your video driver. What kind of graphics card do you have??
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I was having a problem with DVDFab 8 not running and also re-installation issues after uninstalling. I have an ATI HD 4250 video card. After reading the post above I removed the "AMD APP SDK Runtime". Now everything works perfectly again.

Comment

Flava's solution worked for me as well. I had just updated to AMD Catalyst Control 13.1

Comment

Working...
                          X