Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab 8 Qt - Is this the end my friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 8 Qt - Is this the end my friend?

With DVDfab 9 out does this spell the end for DVDFab8?

How long will we continue to get DVDFab8 support and updates before Fab9 takes over?
    Last edited by Guest; 12-09-2012, 04:08 AM. Reason: Minor typo

Decryption and "fix" updates will continue for v8 for a short time. New features (such as Customize mode for Blu-ray Copy) will only appear in v9.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm devastated.

Comment

Me too.......

Comment

So can dvdfab8 registered users upgrade to dvdfab9 without further charge, or do we have to buy again?

Comment

YES.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes what gregiboy? Yes we can upgrade without charge, or yes we have to pay again. Sorry mate but your reply was not clear

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Hotson View Post
                So can dvdfab8 registered users upgrade to dvdfab9 without further charge...
                Yes

Originally posted by Raymond Hotson View Post
                or do we have to buy again?
                No

HTH
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I thank you greatly, Maineman. Ray.

Comment

well its on to dvdfab 9 because now dvdfab 8 hangs the pc when trying to install the update(from 8222 to 8224) and also tried different versions but same thing just hangs the pc on finishing installation window......currently using win8 pro
                    Corsair 800D case | Corsair AX1200i psu | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | I7 4820k ivy bridge @ 4.5GHZ w/corsair GTX h100I | CORSAIR vengeance 32GB DDR3 1600 | EVGA GTX Titan X SC | (2) Corsair Force Series GS SSD- 240GB ea. SATA III | (2) WD VelociRaptor 600GB 32MB Cache | Lite-on Blu-ray burner w/3d | SB-Z Series | 29" LG 21:9 UltraWide IPS LED Monitor | 27" Acer 3d 1080p | win10 Pro 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by arkeyevme View Post
                      With DVDfab 9 out does this spell the end for DVDFab8?

How long will we continue to get DVDFab8 support and updates before Fab9 takes over?
                      Is it possible to install DVDFAB 9 along with my DVDFAB 8 on the same system? The new GUI is a bit daunting and I would like to better understand the new interface before giving up Version 8. My initial response to the new GUI leads me to believe it is a lot more cumbersome to use than DVDFAB 8. Too busy...Too many screens...DVDFAB 8s tree interface is easier and much more friendly are my first perceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin203 View Post
                        Is it possible to install DVDFAB 9 along with my DVDFAB 8 on the same system?
                        Sure.
                        All major versions (v.2xxx, 3xxx - 9.xxx) install in separate and distinct folders and are independent of one another.

You can also install multiple versions within a major version, eg., 9010, 9011 and 9015, but to do this
                        you'll have to modify the file path during installation.
                        Normally, the most recent install will simply overwrite the previous one.
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

DVDFab 8 will stop updating starting from January 01, 2015. We suggest you upgrade to DVDFab 9, and the upgrading is cost-free as long as your license is valid.

Comment

The last update for 8.x.x.x was back in August I think. Where did you get January 01, 2015? Does that mean that last update is not "the" last update? As in the "end of life" last update?

Comment

Originally posted by Axel Slingerland View Post
                              Where did you get January 01, 2015?
                              From the link I posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X